Best fight song.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Isn't "White and Gold" our actual fight song?
I'm not actually sure. I've heard them both called our fight song but I don't know if one is official while the other is not or if we just have 2. Based on wikipedia (top notch source I know) it just says we have 2 without putting official/unofficial next to either one like it does with some other schools.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
When I was at Tech, Ramblin Wreck was called our School Song and White and Gold our Fight Song, fwiw.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Rocky Top is a bluegrass song that was adapted as the State of Tennessee's state song. It should only be played as a fight song when the Vols beat the pups! Great song though.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Not to mention that Rocky Top is a vastly lame tune with unbelievably bad lyrics.

Now if "Ramblin' Wreck" had been beat out by "Hail to the Conquering Heroes" or the "Victory March" (ND), I could live with it. I wouldn't agree with it, however.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Was this the "cheer" or "join" version? :muted::muted::muted:

With all due respect to the well intentioned, join makes little sense: the kids are there to love gt and hate georgia. Perhaps sons that shout to hell with georgia implies future students. Heck, I like the notion. But as much as I fervently hope any future daughters will be Ramblin Wrecks, thats their choice. Very different from taking them to games, which I can do. All of which is to say hey, maybe we should amend things, but not if the amendment is poor.

But we have a gender equitable version, and you'll hear it in the swarm for the last several years.

"And put her on the campus to raise the ratio"

stevo0718

Georgia Tech Fan
With all due respect to the well intentioned, join makes little sense: the kids are there to love gt and hate georgia. Perhaps sons that shout to hell with georgia implies future students. Heck, I like the notion. But as much as I fervently hope any future daughters will be Ramblin Wrecks, thats their choice. Very different from taking them to games, which I can do. All of which is to say hey, maybe we should amend things, but not if the amendment is poor.

But we have a gender equitable version, and you'll hear it in the swarm for the last several years.

"And put her on the campus to raise the ratio"

I would say the current version is gender equitable. Neither is implied as a student more than the other. The boy yells the girl cheers. Honestly the daughter is at least on campus, the son could be anywhere yelling.

Good intentions, but plain stupid.

If I had a gender neutral human child sir, I would dress it in white and gold. Now that's more like it!

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I don't know about it being best, but I think the UGA fight song should be voted the most appropriate fight song for the school in question. It has to repeat the same line 3 time so they can possibly get it right by the third try, and they keep it simple by only using 8 individual words for the entire song

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Rambling Wreck was voted nations best....well duh. I hadn't heard of the voting on this actually.

http://georgiatech.blog.ajc.com/2014/09/05/ramblin-wreck-named-top-college-fight-song/__federated=1

On a a side note. Don't forget to vote for Buzz
I like ours the best. Of course, I am a little bit biased but I can see some others that are quite good. On Wisconsin is nice. Notre Dame Victory March is great. The Victors (Michigan) is very catching and Fight On (USC) is a classic. Most of them are just lame or the tune is not that good. College fight songs are all about playing for your team. What sounds good to you is probably going to be anathema to your rivals and vice versa.