Best debut ever?

ebigtexas

Georgia Tech Fan
I would guess Taylor Bennett Gator Bowl performance is in the Top 3
I think Taylor's first game was Connecticut. Now he did start better than anyone.... he is one of the few quarterbacks whose first pass ever was a touchdown. Now, it was just a short one to Calvin... but he took it to the house! The game itself probably does not rank up there as amazing though.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I don't know if it was the best-ever debut, but Marshall did have two firsts in my mind: his first pass of the day was the worst I have ever seen, and I saw Tevin Washington throw butterflies at Duke early on. Marshall's threw a ball that was perpendicular to the field -- on its nose -- all the way to incomplete, thank goodness. But then he threw that missile into Green crossing the back of the end zone that was perfect location -- high, between two closing defenders -- and perfectly accurate and easily catchable for Green. That first is the best single pass I recall seeing a Johnson QB throw. Distance, velocity, location, accuracy, TD. Now: which guy shows up next?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I don't know if it was the best-ever debut, but Marshall did have two firsts in my mind: his first pass of the day was the worst I have ever seen, and I saw Tevin Washington throw butterflies at Duke early on. Marshall's threw a ball that was perpendicular to the field -- on its nose -- all the way to incomplete, thank goodness. But then he threw that missile into Green crossing the back of the end zone that was perfect location -- high, between two closing defenders -- and perfectly accurate and easily catchable for Green. That first is the best single pass I recall seeing a Johnson QB throw. Distance, velocity, location, accuracy, TD. Now: which guy shows up next?

On that pass, after the throw he picked up some grass and threw it in the air, I honestly think he was trying to put the air under it to let jeune run under it in the endzone floated it a bit to much and the wind caught it, jeune had a step on them but that ball just kinda carried in the air.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Stats after two weeks: QPR of 246. Ridiculous. http://www.cfbstats.com/2017/player/255/1070692/index.html

Sure wish TaQuon had played more last year:p JN still my favorite but that may change if we can win some big games.

Count me as one of the most surprised at TM's performance so far. I was at the Vandy game last year when he got some garbage time, and thought "I love how athletic this kid is, but he is not a QB. Sure hope he gets moved back to AB." I'll eat crow on that one.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Has @Rock been around lately? Curious to hear his point of view on Marshall so far from the standpoint of someone probably expecting Jordan to get the nod.

I think Jordan will have some key moments this season although he's not starting right now. I have some nagging worries about Marshall holding up all season considering he's had to miss snaps in both games. That hanging left arm scares the crap out of me.

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
Has @Rock been around lately? Curious to hear his point of view on Marshall so far from the standpoint of someone probably expecting Jordan to get the nod.

I think Jordan will have some key moments this season although he's not starting right now. I have some nagging worries about Marshall holding up all season considering he's had to miss snaps in both games. That hanging left arm scares the crap out of me.

I 'm here. I made the comment about being slow at work and getting on here and now I'm slammed. lol, the way it goes.

I thought TM had a GREAT game and looked like a veteran in the O. The only thing is TM can't take a beating like that all year and survive.
I also said I trusted CPJ's decision and would support it 100%. MJ's injuries cost him his spot and it happens, that life.
I also think he will contribute this year at some point. He is back and 100%.