Best Coaching Hire this Offseason

who was best coaching hire

• Total voters

slugboy

Staff member
I vote Woodson, but not for Woodson—they’ve surrounded him with a mad amount of talent. If it were a single coach, I’d vote Moser.

GT_EE78

Banned
i'm on the bandwagon with Beard
best odds for immediate success as he's still at same level and conference
most of the others are either first time HC or stepping up a level in competition
i don't think all of them will survive

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I go with Beard. Most proven coach, same area and similar level. Home run hire

Self is basically a formality. He wasn't getting fired anyways so this one I don't really consider
Miller at Cinci I really like. Very good coach. Probably my second favorite hire.
Moser at OU is interesting. I think he's a good coach but I have questions about his ability to recruit and it will be interesting to see his style translate to a P5 conference on the regular.
Lloyd is a great hire considering the regional ties and his part in Zaga for so long. No head coaching experience is the downside.
Woodson is interesting. Not saying it's great, but interesting and I think they have a plan at least and they've done a good job of surrounding him with good parts.
Davis is the meh hire of the bunch. Not bad, and I see why they decided to go that route, but it feels lack luster to me especially considering the statements Roy made, I would have expected them not to just promote from within.