Best 10 QBs In History of ACC - Joe Hamilton #6

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Joe Hamilton #6 http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...the-acc-011517?cmpid=feed:-sports-CQ-RSS-Feed

Author has an apparent bias against the "triple option", so his perspective for best QB is heavily weighted on the pass aspect. Everyone has an opinion and an ......

Still nice to see Joe get the recognition.

"6. Joe Hamilton, Georgia Tech (1996-1999)
Joe Hamilton is one of the more forgotten stars in the ACC, due in large part to the lack of national attention that the current program garners. Make no mistake, Paul Johnson’s triple option system is very effective, but, it is an ancient form of football limited to mainly service academics. That being said, Joe Hamilton was a standout for the Yellow Jackets during his time in Atlanta. While at Georgia Tech, Hamilton set ACC records for total offense, touchdowns passes, and total touchdowns. Hamilton racked up 10,640 total yards of offense during his career and finished second in the Heisman voting to Wisconsin’s Ron Dayne as a senior."

Techster

Helluva Engineer
What in the hayul does any of the first 2 sentences have to do with JoeHam? The author probably thinks Ham played under Pawl.

That's ridiculous. Can we never have nice things?

ETA: And I'm not sure Ryan belongs that high on the list. They didn't win much while he was there.

Also, the author makes a point with several QBs to note they played other sports. As if playing other sports is a qualifier to make the list.

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
What in the hayul does any of the first 2 sentences have to do with JoeHam? The author probably thinks Ham played under Pawl.

That's ridiculous. Can we never have nice things?

ETA: And I'm not sure Ryan belongs that high on the list. They didn't win much while he was there.
They won a lot for bc including a div title. Ryan is the best qb I've ever seen play in person at bobby Dodd.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I’m mostly curious about Tajh Boyd. I’m not sure how successful he would’ve been had he not been throwing to Sammie Watkins, DeAndre Hopkins, Martavious Bryant and Dewayne Allen

Well, the comment about the triple option is funny, because..........when Joe Ham was quarterback Ralph ran the triple option. He ran it out of the I and he ran the Flex Bone. Go You tube Clemson Ga Tech 1999.

northgajacket

Banned
Joe Hamilton #6 http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...the-acc-011517?cmpid=feed:-sports-CQ-RSS-Feed

Author has an apparent bias against the "triple option", so his perspective for best QB is heavily weighted on the pass aspect. Everyone has an opinion and an ......

Still nice to see Joe get the recognition.

"6. Joe Hamilton, Georgia Tech (1996-1999)
Joe Hamilton is one of the more forgotten stars in the ACC, due in large part to the lack of national attention that the current program garners. Make no mistake, Paul Johnson’s triple option system is very effective, but, it is an ancient form of football limited to mainly service academics. That being said, Joe Hamilton was a standout for the Yellow Jackets during his time in Atlanta. While at Georgia Tech, Hamilton set ACC records for total offense, touchdowns passes, and total touchdowns. Hamilton racked up 10,640 total yards of offense during his career and finished second in the Heisman voting to Wisconsin’s Ron Dayne as a senior."

What the hell does the current offense have to do with Hamilton? He was at Tech ten years before the system.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
It's pretty hard to rank any position due to the limits of the era. You could argue Lothridge, Jones, Godsey, Hamilton, McAshan, JT, Dewberry, Gary Lanier, Kim King, Pepper, Frank Broyles, Prokop, Froggy Morrison, Red Barron, and one game wonder Ken Whisenhunt. I'm sure I left a few out.