Benghazi Hearings

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
More time, more hearings and more tax payer money spent than we spent on either Watergate or 9/11 hearings and for no reason. We have pygmies running Congress these days. They don't even know how the State Department is set up and could not even accurately identify the chain of command. Embarrassing.

I am not sure that I understand your point. Are you of the opinion that is okay for a US Presidential administration to put American diplomats in a dangerous part of the world, refuse adequate security, violate the law that requires the Secretary of State to sign a waiver if diplomatic station will not be given adequate protection, and then to misrepresent the facts of what happened to the American people and to congress and to destroy government e-mails which may give more information about what happened?

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I am not sure that I understand your point. Are you of the opinion that is okay for a US Presidential administration to put American diplomats in a dangerous part of the world, refuse adequate security, violate the law that requires the Secretary of State to sign a waiver if diplomatic station will not be given adequate protection, and then to misrepresent the facts of what happened to the American people and to congress and to destroy government e-mails which may give more information about what happened?
If any of that was true I would be alarmed but there is no proof of any of it. None.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
I always find it interesting that people gripe about spending $2MM or whatever on a hearing, but they never have any problem spending billions or trillions on additional entitlements. The federal budget is $3.8 trillion in 2015. A few million on a hearing ain't changing a damn thing.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
The most embarrassing part of all was that these clowns in Congress actually think Secretary's of State use their emails to conduct business with their diplomats. Even I have heard of diplomatic cables. Both Thomas Pickering and Condi Rice have scoffed at this insane notion. There is no "there" there to the charges and the committee has already admitted that was for the purpose of smearing a presidential candidate.

I am sorry but I am just way too conservative to want to spend millions of tax payer dollars (with more to come) for political purposes while congress cannot even pass a budget.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
How much was spent on Bill's lying and perjury. ( note I don't really want an answer) Point is they don't think rules apply to them... " what does it matter..."

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I can see right now that this is another irrational "hate Hillary" love fest. I will probably not respond any more given that it is going to be about totally made up stuff and figments of imagination. Have fun.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
I think she is despicable, just as she was during water gate. NOT ONLY did 4 Americans die that night, but and Amabassador to the US 3 more who entrusted in this country to keep them safe. This story of a video that was manufacturered by her advisors to protect POTUS should be a form of treason.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
If any of that was true I would be alarmed but there is no proof of any of it. None.

LOL. Well since I posted evidence the last time you made this nonsense claim, I won't bother repeating the useless exercise. I now remember why I decided you weren't worth trying to have an intelligent conversation with.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
For folks who want to keep Clinton out of the White House, Benghazi is a waste of time. Obama received 56% and 55% of the women's vote in 2008 and 2012 respectively. (And 67% of the unmarried women's vote.) You can do the math on what percent the Republican candidate received. The women's vote is 53% of the total vote. Win the women's vote and you are President.

Which begs the question, how do you win the women's vote? Beating up on a 67 year old woman for 11 hours is not a good starter. Convening a Select Committee on Planned Parenthood is a poor decision.

Every male Republican voter needs to spend an hour or two each week going on line and reading the liberal press which is dominated by women. That will give you a clue.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
For folks who want to keep Clinton out of the White House, Benghazi is a waste of time. Obama received 56% and 55% of the women's vote in 2008 and 2012 respectively. (And 67% of the unmarried women's vote.) You can do the math on what percent the Republican candidate received. The women's vote is 53% of the total vote. Win the women's vote and you are President.

Which begs the question, how do you win the women's vote? Beating up on a 67 year old woman for 11 hours is not a good starter. Convening a Select Committee on Planned Parenthood is a poor decision.

Every male Republican voter needs to spend an hour or two each week going on line and reading the liberal press which is dominated by women. That will give you a clue.
Not all women believe Ms. Clinton is the best choice or that Planned Parenthood is innocent.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Not all women believe Ms. Clinton is the best choice or that Planned Parenthood is innocent.
And not all women believed Obama was the best choice. But 56% in 2008 and 55% in 2012 did believe he was the best and voted for him. That is why he has been President for the past 7 years.
If YOU want to elect YOUR candidate president there are several basic decisions to make. So far the Republicans are making the wrong decisions, IMHO.

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
I think she is despicable, just as she was during water gate. NOT ONLY did 4 Americans die that night, but and Amabassador to the US 3 more who entrusted in this country to keep them safe. This story of a video that was manufacturered by her advisors to protect POTUS should be a form of treason.

Water Gate? That was Nixon. I'm guessing you mean whitewater.

Also, how can the video story be manufactured by Obama advisers if the CIA initially thought it was the cause?

"The currently available information suggests that the demonstrations in Benghazi were spontaneously inspired by the protests at the US Embassy in Cairo and evolved into a direct assault against the US diplomatic post in Benghazi and subsequently its annex. There are indications that extremists participated in the violent demonstrations."

You do realize there were embassy attacks in other places on the same day related to the video, right? The entire embassy in Cairo was overrun on the same day by religious fanatics mad about the video. Luckily, those guys didn't bring guns.

Last edited:

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I saw about 10 minutes of the hearings and it appeared that the only adult talking was Hillary. The committee looked like school kids trying to take on the principal.

I thought Hillary's laughing at the question "But were you alone the whole night?" was priceless. Like she is trying to keep up with Bobby Kennedy with sexual trysts ......