Benedict Marrone to get ax in Jax (Link)

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
ESPN reporting:

Link

For those who came in late, Benedict Marrone was GOL's TE coach in 1996, then OL Coach '97-'99.

He left BigBee's staff to go The Cesspool taking The Fridge's playbook, making all kinds of remarks WTTE "going to a winner," et al.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
ESPN reporting:

Link

For those who came in late, Benedict Marrone was GOL's TE coach in 1996, then OL Coach '97-'99.

He left BigBee's staff to go The Cesspool taking The Fridge's playbook, making all kinds of remarks WTTE "going to a winner," et al.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

I'm sure you remember one of his remarks was, "Why drink Pepsi when you can have Coke?", or something to that effect.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I think his arrogance said "it is like going from drinking R/C cola to drinking Coke."

Regardless, a friend of mine sent a case of R/C to coach moron at the ugaa the week after we beat them at the cesspool the year he was there.

Understand his wife was just as mouthy & arrogant as he is.

Glad he got canned.

heyhellowhatsup

Jolly Good Fellow
Former Frito-Lay CEO (a unit of PEP) and current Albertsons CEO is a GT guy so though Coke is the hometown team, there’s some GT influence on the other side!

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I can't stand Marrone. Usually I wish our assistant coaches well when they move on, especially if they move to bigger programs or advancement and they have done good work at GT. And I know that frequently coaches will take playbooks with them. But when you are treated like a son by a guru like Ralph Friedgen and he teaches you so much you don't turn around and stab him in the back like Dougie did. At least not if you are a principled human being. Clearly Dougie is not one of those people. I hope this report turns out to be accurate and his butt is fired and he never gets another position in football.

mj claz

Jolly Good Fellow
I am a Buffalo Bills fan and he is hated even more up there. He thought he could double up on HC salaries based on a clause in his contract that would pay him the following year if he opted out so he opted out and expected to be a hotter commodity on the free market than he was. Ended up as the O-line coach in Jax (which made me happy) and now am happy to see him kicked to the curb.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I like coke. Could care a less about staff that was here 20 years ago as a two bit role player

But you opened the thread anyway [emoji16]

Just kidding. I have as one of my New Year’s Resolutions to be less of a smart a$$. Of course that’s been on my list for the last 35 years and I guess it hasn’t helped [emoji2957]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
But you opened the thread anyway [emoji16]

Just kidding. I have as one of my New Year’s Resolutions to be less of a smart a$$. Of course that’s been on my list for the last 35 years and I guess it hasn’t helped [emoji2957]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

honestly i had no idea this was about doug marrone. For whatever reason the title through me off. Had it said doug marrone i woulda passed it by.

Frankly i was thinking it was another RIP obituary post from deepsnap. when i saw what it was i woulda moved to other topic board as a mod since this has nothing to do with gt football.