Bench play

rallo

Georgia Tech Fan
what’s the word on why Cole and especially Wright’s minutes are down? why is Haywood still starting? why is Alvarado not bringing the ball up? why won’t recruits play for GT?

rallo

Georgia Tech Fan
damndest thing I’ve ever seen with the shooting problems. But why won’t quality in-state recruits come to GT

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
damndest thing I’ve ever seen with the shooting problems. But why won’t quality in-state recruits come to GT

There are about 25 other threads talking about this exact topic.... To summarize what posters have put forward.

1) CJP can't recruit
2) CJP can't gather high level assistants.
3) Our academics are too hard (not buying this one)
4) We simply missed on our 19' top targets.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
There are about 25 other threads talking about this exact topic.... To summarize what posters have put forward.

1) CJP can't recruit
What else is there to say about it tho

Deleted member 2897

1) CJP can't recruit

Next year we will have 4 guys rated in the top-125 as recruits. Nearly everyone will be back. I'm not going to go back and look the last time we had that many recruits rated that highly, but I think its been quite awhile. Furthermore, due to injuries last year and Banks' transfer, this is almost like a brand new team playing together for the first time. The only criticisms I really have are that the current class didn't pan out as well as we needed it, and our shooting of late has been bizarre. Losing Okogie was a real negative for us in a lot of regards.

Haywood is way overdue for a good game. Honestly if he just shoots like 4-7 and Alvarado just makes 1 more shot (he's been on a slight shooting slump too), that will win more than half our games for us right there. Its just really hard to win when a guy goes 0-7 and 0-8. And we used to rely on Alston going 2-4 or 3-5 and that's vanished with his being out.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I'd rather only play 7 maybe 8 guys so I'm ok with certain guys not getting minutes. We just need to lock down which 7 or 8 we're rolling with and stick to it. I'm not a big fan of playing both Banks and AD at the same time though. It would work if we knew how to hit a 3 to save our life but right now it's just crowding the paint.

rallo

Georgia Tech Fan
Still, don’t you think it’s odd that the 5 star player from Atlanta signed with UGA not KY, UNC, Kansas, FSU and GT didn’t even go after him??

rallo

Georgia Tech Fan
Still, don’t you think it’s odd that the 5 star player from Atlanta signed with UGA not KY, UNC, Kansas, FSU and GT didn’t even go after him??
1) CJP can't recruit
4) We simply missed on our 19' top targets.[/QUOTE]

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I'd rather only play 7 maybe 8 guys so I'm ok with certain guys not getting minutes. We just need to lock down which 7 or 8 we're rolling with and stick to it. I'm not a big fan of playing both Banks and AD at the same time though. It would work if we knew how to hit a 3 to save our life but right now it's just crowding the paint.

Playing Banks and AD seemed an upgrade at first because they have been 2 of our best defenders and two of the our best scorers.

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
Because they aren’t playing well?

I love that everyone keeps bitching about shooting and turnovers and think the answer is that Shembarri and Moses need to play more :confused::confused::confused:
This is a pretty ridiculous thing to say. What has any of others done in Acc play to justify your stance lol