Beautiful plays

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Not sure if this applies, but I found the video fascinating. Good dive into the shovel option. Explores how it is related to the veer and how it's been used in the NFL.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Not sure if this applies, but I found the video fascinating. Good dive into the shovel option. Explores how it is related to the veer and how it's been used in the NFL.

Funny enough we decided to give it a go on the goal line this week. Went about as well as the video made it seem. Sorry this doesn't fit the beautiful play moniker, but it did relate to the previous message.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Funny enough we decided to give it a go on the goal line this week. Went about as well as the video made it seem. Sorry this doesn't fit the beautiful play moniker, but it did relate to the previous message.

I thought about this thread when I saw that play! :ROFLMAO:

Ugly on a lot of counts. Two guys came unblocked and disrupted the timing. Pyron wanted to shovel it, but there was a defender standing right there. He did well just to get rid of it without a turnover. that extra second or two of hesitation kept the back from turning upfield as quickly as we wanted to, but I am not sure it really matters. We didn't get enough of a block on the DT to make a difference...:sick:

slugboy

Staff member
Since Patenaude is getting rehabilitated now that Collins is gone, here’s a similar play to the one that blew up against Clemson:

Also, it’s a shovel pass.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Hijacking for basketball.

If you're not yet familiar with Victor Wembanyama, he's the expected #1 pick in the NBA draft from overseas.

And if there's one play to get you acquainted, maybe start here: A put-back dunk off his own missed, step-back fadeaway 3 point attempt. That statement alone is absurd.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
This is beautiful to watch. Focus on the red jerseys...reminds me of the endless geometric illustrations you see on the internet.

slugboy

Staff member
This is beautiful to watch. Focus on the red jerseys...reminds me of the endless geometric illustrations you see on the internet.

Oh, that stretches out a nice hole in the zone, as long as your QB can count to three before getting hit.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Oh, that stretches out a nice hole in the zone, as long as your QB can count to three before getting hit.

Yup. Knowing Leach, there are multiple variances off those routes to fool the defense and DC.

We're going to have similar plays to this. Should be fun to dissect after games the way we use to dissect CPJ's film.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Yup. Knowing Leach, there are multiple variances off those routes to fool the defense and DC.

We're going to have similar plays to this. Should be fun to dissect after games the way we use to dissect CPJ's film.
It will be refreshing to start a discussion with “watch what happens here...” as opposed to showing highlights from another team and saying “what was SUPPOSED to happen here...”