Beautiful plays

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
This play, right here:

So, at first glimpse, this is literally a play out of MY playbook.

This is what I have drawn up.

View attachment 11868

We call this:
Queen Left Counter Trap Option Right

It is a counter play off of our standard trap play, where the QB gives the ball to the fullback and he chases the pulling guard through the gut of the defense. The pulling guard hits the first DL playside of the Center (yes, including a 1 technique. If there's a 1 technique, this is essentially a dive through the backside A gap).

We will run option to strong or weak here, to strong we'll call it "Trap Option" and to weak we call it "Counter Trap Option".

Beautiful

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
This is quite similar to what Ferris State ran to win the Div 2 national championship. Analese calls it an "all-option offense". Good term for it.

Btw, I saw that Christian Malloy played for CCU. Didn't touch the ball, however.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
There is a reason I have Chadwell very high on my list of guys to interview if the Tech job were to open.
We should all put this sentiment in letters to TStan and do it often. Chadwell may be taking a step up in his career after next year. We need to be in prime position to make a move if the first half of next season plays out to be another dud.

slugboy

Staff member
I'mma let you finish this thread, but I'll merge it in with the other (and PLEASE Y'ALL find great plays and break 'em down. That's what about 1/3rd of us are here for).
show interrupts GIF

Since it's Boxing Day, here are Mike Tyson's "Top 10 Knockouts" from Sportscenter:

They're kinda broken down for you, but honestly there are better boxing breakdown videos.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I'mma let you finish this thread, but I'll merge it in with the other (and PLEASE Y'ALL find great plays and break 'em down. That's what about 1/3rd of us are here for).
show interrupts GIF

Since it's Boxing Day, here are Mike Tyson's "Top 10 Knockouts" from Sportscenter:

They're kinda broken down for you, but honestly there are better boxing breakdown videos.

I would dearly loved to have seen Tyson versus Rocky Marciano. They were virtually the same fighter, though The Rock fought better opponents. It would have been like the two great Sonny Liston versus Cleveland Williams fights: go to the center of the ring and slug it out. Liston won both times, btw.

I love boxing, but, if I were King, I'd outlaw it tomorrow. We should be past bold sports by now.

slugboy

Staff member
The Buffalo Bills run some interesting RPO options. They ran a QB Draw/Slant pass option on 2nd and Goal against the KC Chiefs. Josh Allen is mobile and makes quick decisions, which helps. (Patrick Mahomes does too, and seems to be even MORE athletic that Allen, which makes this an interesting matchup)

This is an older article from four years ago, when Tyrod Taylor was the QB: https://www.pff.com/news/pro-the-unstoppable-option-run-schemes-of-the-buffalo-bills

slugboy

Staff member
I think we have all 22 in this look. Coverage is pretty tight once everyone gets off the line. You can see the defensive play develop.

slugboy

Staff member
For these plays, “GT” means “Guard Tackle”, but I think of us when I see these plays, just from the initials

slugboy

Staff member
We probably need this now more than most days. I had schematic plays in mind when I started this, but this is an amazing athletic move: