Beat uga or not

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think the Tennessee game beat us 5 times this year. They made Marshall look like a star so we had to stick with him but he is not a good fit for us. Can't read the defense and is very weak passer.

I don't understand how a guy who has been playing FB long enough to play college FB doesn't understand that a thrown pass has to stay inbounds to have any chance of completion. When i see a ball thrown OOB I do not undertsand it, especially when it's not an obvious avoid a sack kind of throw. But several of our legitimate pass attempts were thrown completely OOB. I will give a pass to the punter who probably has never attempted a pass in his life. But even still...the FB field is pretty wide. I don't think it is difficult to throw a ball and keep it in bounds.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
You know what, you're probably right. We are 1 magical HC hire away from being a powerhouse. I'm not gonna defend CPJ and this crap show that we just had, but if it were up to some our fans, we'd have a new HC every 4 years.
What a poor argument.
Can we ever change coaches is an equally poor argument.
It's telling that right after a colossal axx whipping by the worst team in acc which u u say u don't defend, u do defend it.

Let's circle the wagons and support the players and coaches.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
What a poor argument.
It's telling that right after a colossal axx whipping by the worst team in acc which u u say u don't defend, u do defend it.

I’m not defending any coach. It’s just interesting that after we beat VT last week, everybody was talking about playing in a tier 1 bowl and now we need to fire everybody.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m not defending any coach. It’s just interesting that after we beat VT last week, everybody was talking about playing in a tier 1 bowl and now we need to fire everybody.

Exactly. When you only get 12 games a year it only takes one BLOWOUT loss to an inferior team in all aspects with 5,000 of their fans at the game to change the perception of the program.

You cant be this dismissive. If we beat Duke then yes, tier 1 bowl etc, etc.

However because we have lost in blowout fashion now we have a real good possibility of being tier 1 bowl to sitting on our rear ends watching everyone else play a bowl game except GT. If only the season ended after 10 games....

But it doesnt. You have to finish. We are poorly coached. Mentally weak.

So excuse me if I am more critical on the direction of the program after losing to yet another team we had no business losing to that very well could keep us from bowling and missing out on those crucial extra practices for the second time in 3 years.

I dont know why you find this change in the mood and perception of the fans "interesting". Its pretty damn clear to see for me.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I will also be there, but I find the people criticizing the people upset the current state of the problem the reason we are what we are. Too many accept mediocrity and don’t strive for better. The people angry is what you want, because they are passionate about the team/program. The ones who are indifferent and put down the the ones who are mad is the reason we will always be mediocre. Might as well bring back Dave Braineless to be AD.

Do you even attend games? Do you bother to make any noise for the D? Do you donate?

Those are better parameters to judge how one supports the program in my own humble opinion. Crying and moaning and claiming to know better than coaches is just cry baby antics.

But if you do any of the 3 mentioned above I applaud you. And the more you do of all the more I applaud....even if you might happen to think you know more about football than the coaches.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
What a poor argument.

What a poor argument you make. @sidewalkGTfan clearly stated his opinion that our performance vs Duke was a "crap show." He also clearly stated he was not defending it.

The wording of your second sentence is also poorly executed and your point is unclear. I think you are implying that never making a coaching change is a poor argument but again, your wording makes this very unclear.

The point he was making was that our fanbase is fickle and many cry to fire coaches after a disappointing game or season. Pretty valid opinion that can easily be argued to validate.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Do you even attend games? Do you bother to make any noise for the D? Do you donate?

Those are better parameters to judge how one supports the program in my own humble opinion. Crying and moaning and claiming to know better than coaches is just cry baby antics.

But if you do any of the 3 mentioned above I applaud you. And the more you do of all the more I applaud....even if you might happen to think you know more about football than the coaches.

I and perhaps so of those you have criticized would like to applaud you on the same basis.
So tell me
How many years of continuous giving do you Have? How many gtaa points. How many times have you been a hiesman giver, Have you driven over 350 miles to atl for every home game, have u attended every home game in the last 4 years, how bout bowl games, do any of the coaches know you and thank you for your support.
If I knew more about your specific support I and perhaps others could then properly value your applause.

(Surely u find it silly to constantly and so personally jump to coaches defense when it is obvious to anyone w a clue he and Ted are here through 2019 . )

So tell us about your support for gt????

PS Andy's pastor and son are probably in my seats for the uga game . We sit row 6 right behind the defensive huddle and yes we stand and yell.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck

I'm a 10 year season ticket holder and donor. I am at every game and make noise.

You on the other hand, get super upset anytime someone criticizes the team. Can look at any of your history of posts to validate that. That goes back a while.

People can disagree and have the opinion of wanting change in the program, just like you can have your complete blinders as well. I have always liked PJ as our coach and will always support the team. The program is stagnant and there's no excitement to me. That's my opinion.

But you're ultra defensive attitude to everyone who voices their displeasure with anything about the team is pretty annoying.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
I believe we can win. Haven't lost a home game this year. dwags will probably come in BDS thinking this will be a cake walk. I will be there cheering on my team because thats what real fans do. Go Jackets!
I'm excited, UGA is in big trouble. It seems when ever Tech is in a position to have no shot to win is when we play lights out...we have them were we want them at home and thinking it will be a cake walk...

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
Although I don't think they have a chance against Alabama, it would be really nice to claim we were the ones that knocked em out of the playoff race. THWG

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
As much as GT has the opportunity (but it aint happening) to ruin UGAs season, UGA has the opportunity to keep us from outright getting bowl eligible.

I want to throw up. The offseason is going to be long and frustrating.

If we dont get 6 wins, I hope we dont embarrass ourselves by petitioning for the 12th game. And if we do, I hope we dont get it. Its not deserved.

If the kids want to play in a bowl then go beat UGA.

Milwaukee

Banned
I'm excited, UGA is in big trouble. It seems when ever Tech is in a position to have no shot to win is when we play lights out...we have them were we want them at home and thinking it will be a cake walk...

Not sure if you're being serious or not but I hope you are. I'm in complete agreement. We can boatrace UGA the same way we got boatraced yesterday, we're just weird like that. We're better than we look and they're worse than they look imo.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
would certainly go a long way towards salvaging the season. we are undefeated at home and miserable on the road. depending on which team and which coaching staff shows up for this saturday's game it could happen.

problem is if we cant run our passing will not save us. this may be the worst passing attack ive seen since chan gailey was coach.

i would almost be tickled to death if it was OUR JACKETS that kept the dwags out of the playoffs. last nights loss was so bad im not even sure if a tech win saturday completely erases how i feel about this season.

last night was one of the worst exhibitions of defense ive ever seen the jackets play. their plays went EVERYWHERE our players werent! it almost looked like it was staged we were so bad.

having said all that .... im not counting on a win saturday. at this point im just hoping that ugag doesnt embarrass us like duke and coach cutliffe (missing the n) did yesterday.

go jackets

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
would certainly go a long way towards salvaging the season. we are undefeated at home and miserable on the road. depending on which team and which coaching staff shows up for this saturday's game it could happen.

problem is if we cant run our passing will not save us. this may be the worst passing attack ive seen since chan gailey was coach.

i would almost be tickled to death if it was OUR JACKETS that kept the dwags out of the playoffs. last nights loss was so bad im not even sure if a tech win saturday completely erases how i feel about this season.

last night was one of the worst exhibitions of defense ive ever seen the jackets play. their plays went EVERYWHERE our players werent! it almost looked like it was staged we were so bad.

having said all that .... im not counting on a win saturday. at this point im just hoping that ugag doesnt embarrass us like duke and coach cutliffe (missing the n) did yesterday.

go jackets
Yeah a win against UGAG would be so sweet!(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)