Beat Miami like it's 2008

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
That one was so much fun to watch. I really want us to take down the dwags the same way. Close games are fun to watch if we come out on top but winning three of four and being able to play everyone in the fourth quarter would certainly be nice.

GT Tennessee

Jolly Good Fellow
Honestly we kinda took Clemson down similar to this in 2011. Tevin and the D was top notch that night. One of my best games I've to..oh and 2009 VT was pretty fun also.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
That's over with. With Richt there I doubt you'll be able to just TO option down the field on Miami. It's gonna take more than that.

As of now they my team to win the coastal.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Hope springs eternal... I want some orange bowl magic in Miami! MJ owes them. This will be a tough game no doubt!

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunately I have this as 1 of our 3 L's this year. Along with Clemson and either UT or Uga. Only reason for UT or Uga is we struggle in season openers regardless the opponent plus a Ned WB and Uga because we haven't beat them in Atl since what? 2000???

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Keep in mind that Boston College had an Defensive FEI rank of 22. They did have a very good defense! It was the 122 offense that killed them last year.

I also think GT comes out stronger this year on O.

Unfortunately I have this as 1 of our 3 L's this year. Along with Clemson and either UT or Uga. Only reason for UT or Uga is we struggle in season openers regardless the opponent plus a Ned WB and Uga because we haven't beat them in Atl since what? 2000???
Since 1999. We beat them in Athens in 2000

In my lifetime we have not exactly been winners with Georgia.
Years since I have been going to Tech games we have won
1969, 1970, 1974, 1977, 1984,1985,1989,1990,1998,1999,2000,2008,2014,2016
Sooo in the 47 years I have been going to Tech games we are 14-33.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Miami is just one of those teams for us. Say what you want about how Miami chokes in the ACC, but Miami has had our number. Add Richt, who has beaten us more times than we care to remember, and it's not a good combo for us. Miami is like the ACC version of UGA, TONS of talent every year but they never seem to be able to put out consistent teams that reflect the talent they sign. Which is ironic since Richt got fired at UGA for that reason, but in terms of GT...we need to get that Miami funk out of our system.