Beat Duke

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
The Longestday USMA vs Duke study showed Duke blitzing an OLB based on A back motion. Hope we're comfortable with the counter option series.

I think Army's line is generally tighter than ours, but they seem to have a tweak to the triple formation where the a backs are dead behind the guard and show no pre snap motion at all. Interesting.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Watching ND vs VPI tonight, even though VPI beat Duke, one of the announcers said VPI could not run against Duke's defense. That doesn't sound good.
The Turkies are talented this year, but their O running game sucks and has since the start of the season. I was not surprised they had some trouble. Like I say, I watched the game. The overall impression was that it was the Turkey D that won the contest. The Duke O looked like we did against Clemson; they were under duress from the get-go. Then it was just a matter of time and throwing the ball. Willis, the new Turkey QB, is no slouch, btw.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
So which will be the toughest part of the Duke game ? Our D slowing down Duke's O and getting a turnover or two ?
Or, our O keeping the ball for long enough SCORING drives , so our D has some help ? It is not just TOP , but TOP with a score at the end of the drive.

Animal02

Banned
So which will be the toughest part of the Duke game ? Our D slowing down Duke's O and getting a turnover or two ?
Or, our O keeping the ball for long enough SCORING drives , so our D has some help ? It is not just TOP , but TOP with a score at the end of the drive.
Toughest part will be surviving the refs overlooking Duke holding, late hits, late leg rolls, advancement of the ball after being down, etc, etc.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
This could be a real low number of possessions on both sides. We will need to be very efficient on offense. They will try to control TOP with their O and we will do the same. I just hope we have a decent lead to avoid a late game comeback by them. Our pass defense has not been great so far this year and Jones has 70% completion rate so far.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
This could be a real low number of possessions on both sides. We will need to be very efficient on offense. They will try to control TOP with their O and we will do the same. I just hope we have a decent lead to avoid a late game comeback by them. Our pass defense has not been great so far this year and Jones has 70% completion rate so far.
Agree !

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
And only 1 interception !

Maybe we need an extra safety in for 51 or 32.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Hoping for a low scoring game but anticipating a high scoring affair. I don’t know what the line is but I’d take the over regardless.