Beat Duke

Deleted member 2897

Few people annoy me more than that arrogant loser Cutcliffe. I don’t care if we beat them at the last minute by 1 point or if we bury them. I just want to get win 3 in a row, get back to 2-2 in the ACC and 4-3 overall. I just want to send them and their perennial Bye week selves back to the ACC basement where they belong.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
If there is any team in history that has zero basis to complain about cut blocking, it would be a school that let a punk azz like grayson allen wear their uniform regardless of the sport.

While not a fan of cut blocking I would like to see us get 450 yds rushing, but also about 250 passing vs puke.

More importantly I would really love to see our D score and get about 6 TOs.

And Triple White (with a little more Gold) is a bad azz uni.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
If there is any team in history that has zero basis to complain about cut blocking, it would be a school that let a punk azz like grayson allen wear their uniform regardless of the sport.

While not a fan of cut blocking I would like to see us get 450 yds rushing, but also about 250 passing vs puke.

More importantly I would really love to see our D score and get about 6 TOs.
It would be cool to go over 600 yards rushing while having 0 yards passing:cool::D:smuggrin:

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
We should not have to worry about Jones running on us. He has a plate and screws in his collar bone. He would not keep on the option read against VT. Cut probably told him not to run. I think he scrambled a couple of times but got out of bounds to avoid hits. The injury did not affect his passing. They are pretty good on D but lost their best DB to injury. We will have to play really well to beat them.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
The extra time is less of a benefit against Coastal teams. They already have a good game plan, but we know what it is. They are already good at defeating cut blocks and impeding our OL routes (defensive holding), but again, we know it.

It’s all about execution and limiting killer mistakes on O. I have no words for our D. I don’t see all the “improvement” you guys see except for turnovers. We still give up a **** ton of points.

Btw, we have extra time, too... one day!
It seems their best effort at defeating cut blocks is to whine to the rules committee every year.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
We should not have to worry about Jones running on us. He has a plate and screws in his collar bone. He would not keep on the option read against VT. Cut probably told him not to run. I think he scrambled a couple of times but got out of bounds to avoid hits. The injury did not affect his passing. They are pretty good on D but lost their best DB to injury. We will have to play really well to beat them.

I can’t wait for Carpenter to say hello

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Watching ND vs VPI tonight, even though VPI beat Duke, one of the announcers said VPI could not run against Duke's defense. That doesn't sound good.

Scubapro

Banned
I really want us to put a Louisville type of beat down on Duke. Duke players are Bush league with their chippy cheap shots. Versus VT one of their DBs did that cute little roll and twist the knee maneuver...took the VT receiver out of the game. The also threw several punches and took late hits away from the play. I have really developed a real dislike for ButtCliff

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
We had a lot of QB hurries - those need to translate to picks. Puke will come at us with the quick throws though like BG and I agree we have to play that better.
Agree with this. Our defensive backs are going to have to play one of their better games this week and wrap up on their tackles. It's a given, Duke is going to make some big plays. However, if we get a body on them, we need to make a tackle. Using one of Kerr's plays as an example and not criticizing him, we can not have attempted arm tackles and let receivers break free. For the record, Kerr was the hero in last year's Virginia Tech game.