BDS - what section is the best???

SunBum

Georgia Tech Fan
I know this is kind of to each his own but I'm looking for some input... I have two of what I consider some of the best seats in the house on the 50 yard line in the club section. But I really think it's time I increase my number of seats and can't justify (or afford, to be honest) more at club prices. I've had these seats since the club sectioned started and may not be able to bring myself to give them up but I think about this every year at renewal time...

So, considering all factors (view, entry-exit, bathrooms, concessions, crowd - we don't mind standing when appropriate, sun, etc) what non-club level section can you recommend if I'm looking for (5) seats? I'm used to parking off campus across 85 although years ago we parked on campus.

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies! Go Jackets!

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Any seat in the lower bowl that is covered by the hang over of the upper bowl.

Being tucked away from cold rain has been a blessing so many times over the years. I’d probably stay through rain if I wasn’t covered but anyone else I go with would be asking to leave.

I also come from a long line of bald dudes and skin cancer, so we love staying out of the sun. A lot of games we completely avoid it, sitting on the west side.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
I grew up in section 204L. Had the best seats in the house, IMO.

Have been to a couple of other places in the stadium over the years, and none have been as good. (Although I imagine today, I'd like the sun a little bit less.)

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I like the lower west on 40 yard to south and in row 20. Benefits
Shade by end of game , See the wrek come out tunnel, watch coaches , see students
Not good
See the other team s fans sitting right accross in great season ficket area of east stands

GTIE1979

Georgia Tech Fan
I know this is kind of to each his own but I'm looking for some input... I have two of what I consider some of the best seats in the house on the 50 yard line in the club section. But I really think it's time I increase my number of seats and can't justify (or afford, to be honest) more at club prices. I've had these seats since the club sectioned started and may not be able to bring myself to give them up but I think about this every year at renewal time...

So, considering all factors (view, entry-exit, bathrooms, concessions, crowd - we don't mind standing when appropriate, sun, etc) what non-club level section can you recommend if I'm looking for (5) seats? I'm used to parking off campus across 85 although years ago we parked on campus.

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies! Go Jackets!
We love the upper east. I sit directly on the 50 on ROW 12. Great seats, but wear sunscreen!

I like the lower west on 40 yard to south and in row 20. Benefits
Shade by end of game , See the wrek come out tunnel, watch coaches , see students
Not good
See the other team s fans sitting right accross in great season ficket area of east stands

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
If you are worried about the long steps up/down , the restroom line and proximity, or the concession line and proximity, the distance from the playing field action, the cost of the seat, and want to see the O and D at an angle to pick up the depth perdeption I suggest sect like 218 in the NE stands. It is especially more friendly to the seniors as the elevator is available.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I love the upper east view but there’s no atmosphere up there. Can’t beat practically sitting vertically on top of the field though.

This is an aside but I was scrolling through my photos and here’s my favorite spot in BDS for a photo. Takes my breath away first game every season.

0257AB63-DC46-42AB-B0C0-E84797CABEF9.jpeg

Last edited:

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Lower rows of the upper north are the best bang for your buck in my opinion. Good field view and amazing city view. Usually not as crowded (which could be considered a positive or a negative from a space/enjoyment perspective. lol) I am in row 1 of 211 and absolutely love it. It isnt until you get higher up (maybe around 15 or so) that you start getting closer to the visiting fans for the bigger games.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
I love the upper east view but there’s no atmosphere up there. Can’t beat practically sitting vertically on top of the field though.

This is an aside but I was scrolling through my photos and here’s my favorite spot in BDS for a photo. Takes my breath away first game every season.

View attachment 14220

Man I hate hearing stuff like this, but I see it. Until 2015 my season tix were in the upper east, and it was THE place to be for atmosphere. Loud, no one ever told you to sit down. Not for the squeamish.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Man I hate hearing stuff like this, but I see it. Until 2015 my season tix were in the upper east, and it was THE place to be for atmosphere. Loud, no one ever told you to sit down. Not for the squeamish.
The down atmosphere is pretty true everywhere in the stadium I think. It'll maybe be back some day if we start winning again. I should post-face it that last year was my first game up there and it was Ole Miss haha

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
I’d put ‘ money down’ that the BDS energy will do nothing but improve in the next couple of years.

The energy that the previous coach begged for, will be earned with wins and hopefully less cringe like ‘money down’ and trashy rap.

Anybody else miss the starting lineup hype videos?
I always thought hearing people cheer for your name and feeling the love was part of what got the players liking the school.
I’d run through a wall if I was one of these 19 year olds and the crowd told me they liked it.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
I sit in section CL4 (family has season tickets there) which is a club seating area, however I have occasionally moved seats and sat with friends in different parts of the stadium. Personally the best parts of the stadium are either the lower west or upper north. Where I sit is on the lower east stands. In August and September when it's hot you will get BAKED there. Plus the east stands are behind the visitor's sidelines. It's not terrible and the club perks in our section make our spot worth it, and once October and November roll around it's fine, but if you're looking for a non club part of the stadium I wouldn't sit in the east stands.

Lower west is where most CORE Tech fans sit. (longtime alumni, boosters, etc) And it's behind the GT sideline. There's usually more shade/cloud cover on that side then on the east side. Great place to be social with fellow Tech fans while you view the game.

Upper north you'd think would suck because of the lack of shade and proximity to the field, but it's actually an awesome place to view a game. I sometimes go up there to get photos of the stadium and city backdrop. It's high enough where it's windy, and that makes the heat more tolerable when it's hot. The field is also vertically laid out in front of you, so you can see the plays develop more clearly. You're also above the main student section, and their noise and passion can make it a fun place to sit as well.

ChristoGT

Jolly Good Fellow
I still prefer to hang out in 224L or 226L on the east upper (tho only go once per year) - especially down close. It's where we could sit when I was in school (224 and north closer to goal) so I guess it stuck with me.
As others have said, it's great being close to field and having a higher view to see the plays. Now, I'm always sure to bring a wide-brimmed hat and sunscreen. Wasn't so smart in school.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Was in the endzone for FSU, sat in upper east for VT when the stands were shaking and the thrashing of da U. Edit: Upper east for Jaspar Thanks!!

I’d pick one of those 2 areas for no other purpose than bringing good luck.