BDS in blue tonight

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck

The new LEDs look great. Really hope they get put to use this season. On an unrelated note, I don’t think I’ll ever get over how much better (and bigger) BDS would look if the East stands were symmetrical with the West stands :banghead:

Why aren't they symmetric?

Why aren't they symmetric?
The west lower was always steeper than the east lower. And then when they built the upper east, the structural support had to stay inside Techwood Drive, meaning the original design and construction of the upper east had all the support beams rising out of the seating area in the lower east. If you ever had seats in the lower east before the put in the club seats and club area, then you would know that the seats behind those support beams were the worst seats in any stadium in the country. When the built the upper west stands, they did not have the same restrictions.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
Nice, hope we can get a blue turf like Boise St, even better make it blue and gold every 10 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
The west lower was always steeper than the east lower. And then when they built the upper east, the structural support had to stay inside Techwood Drive, meaning the original design and construction of the upper east had all the support beams rising out of the seating area in the lower east. If you ever had seats in the lower east before the put in the club seats and club area, then you would know that the seats behind those support beams were the worst seats in any stadium in the country. When the built the upper west stands, they did not have the same restrictions.
also have building codes with the west side. they arent up to par with the rest of the stadium. thats one reason nothing "touches" the west stands