BCS game Xs & Os

Techster

Helluva Engineer
ESPN will not allow the SEC to lose this game. The ACC is inferior. We all know that,

Auburn has an extra player named ESPN out there making tackles, throwing passes, rushing the ball, blocking, and catching passes?

Sounds like ESPN will be a high NFL draft pick if he can do all that and single handedly win the BCS Championship!

LibertyTurns

Banned
Games like this swing on 2-3 plays. We've already seen one blatant no call, followed by a great punt result in a short field TD.

I don't think the gap between FSU and Awburn is greater than 2 TDs.

We're half way there and it's early.

LibertyTurns

Banned
FSU's at max easy points surrendered and still have a 50-50 chance to win. Unless Awburn gives some back it's going to be a tough one to pull off with a Frosh QB.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Another year of listening to the Vast and Entitled Superiority of SEC football especially over the ACC. Brent Musburger is having continuous orgasims.:vomit:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Jameis has a tendency to start slow.

FSU D needs to show they can stop Auburn though. That punt fake was huge not just for momentum, but to give the FSU D a break.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Another clear penalty right in front of Zebra and looked the other way again.

Hey, but let's review the TD where FSU was tackled 3 yds into the endzone.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Would have been interesting (and good for GT) to see CPJ break down some of those Auburn option plays.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Ok i'm no football guru, can someone explain what Auburn is doing different than that makes their option running so effective? I know it's out of the shotgun and it's a lot of read option, do theu have a backs or ?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I've been saying for a while now that Aubbie has the best O Line in college this year. Good blocking makes for some good runs.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Ok i'm no football guru, can someone explain what Auburn is doing different than that makes their option running so effective? I know it's out of the shotgun and it's a lot of read option, do theu have a backs or ?

Not much really. Tempo and Personnel philosophy is a big difference.

If you look at their sweep plays, or jet sweeps, it's pretty similar to our rocket toss except their motion is flat and ours is arc'ed. They have bigger personnel blocking straight up on the perimeter where as our smaller guys are cutting. Very similar concepts.

Outside of shotgun, they're lined up very similar to our flex, double slots in tight. That's an influence from Malzahn's early years running the Wing-T.

Malzahn just said at halftime that they want to wear down FSU, which is a big part of their up tempo no huddle philosophy. On top of that, they've got big guys to physically wear down FSU. Tempo + Size...pretty devastating if you have the ingredients.