BC Post Game Melt Down Thread

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
so that we can get cheap yds on Offense from QB runs
Considering the issues we have had on offense the last 1.5 seasons, we shouldn't have prejudice towards the type of yards we are getting.

Let's also not ignore the fact that Sims isn't gaining plenty of rushing yards, which is specifically one of the reasons he works for our offense. The coaches will put the best QB out on the field, and I support that. I won't lament every time Sims runs the ball though.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
2011 GT beat Kansas at home 66-24 to be exact. I know I was there. Saw it with my own eyes. Beat down of historic proportions after getting a bunch of crap from their fans pre-game about Big 8 football. They slinked out of Bobby Dodd with their tails between their legs.
Yes. I was too and I was shocked at how good the O could function when we were hitting on all cylinders. I remember reading that the game was "… like watching a video game." Exactly. The only time I think I had a better time at a Tech game was when we beat Clemson that year.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Yes. I was too and I was shocked at how good the O could function when we were hitting on all cylinders. I remember reading that the game was "… like watching a video game." Exactly. The only time I think I had a better time at a Tech game was when we beat Clemson that year.

We put up 750+ yards of offense on them that year. 600+ rushing. I recall TW had 4 or 5 completions and like half were TDs. It was like palying madden on rookie mode...

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
2009 VT was my favorite at Bobby Dodd, then Clemson 2014 cause everyone was convinced that we were about to get beat down. I also went to Athens for the uga game in 2014, which was awesome. Uga linemen and linebackers were helpless, it was delicious.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Sims was working with the same receivers, and I also didn't mention the dropped passes when he throws them also. I also don't bring up that Mason was responsible for one of the drives ending when talking about his ppd or that his INT very likely shouldn't have been ruled an INT either.

Graham isn't just being judged for his play this year. We saw him extensively last year where he had issues sustaining drives. What he needs to show is the ability to sustain drives consistently. Now there is only so much you can address in terms of consistently in 4 drives overall, but the 3 and out, even if not entirely reliant on his play, doesn't support the idea that he has improved in that area and the other drives, to me, don't really impress me in that regard. The situation has to be considered. We almost certainly don't go for a 4th and 7 from our own side of the field with the game on the line. If you want to point out we don't go for it on 4th in Sims' case either then I would see the point although I would point out we did go for it on our first drive in pretty much that exact situation.

But if you want to take those points away from both and look at ppd or give a FG instead for both and look at ppd then be my guest. If we punt in both cases then Sims is at 1.75 and Graham is at 0. If we give them credit for FGs on those two drives then Sims is at 2.125 to Graham being at .75. If we give them both credit for the drive ending in FG range that we didn't get a FG for then Sims is at 3 ppd to Graham's 2.5. We could take away the TD from each and give each credit for the FG. In pretty much any scenario the ppd favors Sims.

And Graham's relied on the pass interference as well. Like I mentioned above, Sims has the better PPD in pretty much any case. Sims over the course of the year has produced significantly more than Graham was able to last year. Against BC when they both played Sims produced more as well.

Sims was in for 39 plays over his 8 drives (not including the last run out the clock drive of the first half) and those 8 drives produced 286 yards or 7.3 yards per play. Now obviously that includes some penalty yards so if we were to be as precise as possible we'd go back and take that out, and if you want be my guest).
Graham was in 4 drives, 23 plays and produced 126 yards for 5.5 yards per play (again penalties included).

Sims is simply more effective than Graham. Graham doesn't turn the ball over, but that isn't enough for what we need. Not turning the ball just to punt isn't going to win us anything with our defense. And in terms of being given more of a shot, QB isn't proportional. It's not like players earn 20% of the snaps. If we go with Graham then we go completely with him, but that should only be if he's the better option than Sims, which he isn't. Now if you mean he should be getting the minutes that Yates had gotten previously, then whatever. He did look better than Yates, although Yates had less than great situations to come in to say the least.

Yes, we need to reduce thoughts, but not at the expense of being able to somewhat consistently move the ball. That's what we had last year, and it was worse than what we have now.
I don’t really disagree with a lot of what you said, but I just value ball security more. I would take a less productive QB over one that turns it over more. The turnovers are destroying us and destroying the team’s confidence.

But to the larger point, we haven’t seen enough from Graham to say that Sims is more effective (or less effective). All we have to go by are comparisons of Sims this year vs Graham last year, which is pretty much irrelevant. We should be trying to find out who puts us in a better position to win this year.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I would take it if you started counting both of their wins in year 3. Because whether you want to believe it or not, the first 2 years havd a lot to do with what the previous coach left.

Alternatively, we can leave CPJ out of it since he left of his own will and frankly left a program that no proven coach wanted to take over. IIWII

pretty stupid proposition.

but I’ll take that bet since i don’t anything to lose
So, about that bet...

How about you each make a $1k donation to GTAA? They need the money more than I do. Can post it here for verification.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Other than our defense, kicking and turnover problems:
-We had every review go against us. The first two were the same exact kind of play, and ours was stands and theirs was a call reversal. The interception was a bad call then, stands.

-we jumped offside again on 3rd and short hard count.

-Why the fake punt at the 30? Was anyone fooled? Still made a hell of a throw, but line up and go for it.

-If we had a merely mediocre kicking game, we wouldn’t have to go for it anyway. Points are better than a turnover, and we leave too many on the field.

- Gibbs is really a special player. I can’t wait to see him play the next few years.
I hate necro bumps but how telling that this could be a postgame from year one or year 4.