BC Post Game Melt Down Thread

kalld12

Banned
Turnover vs can’t move the offense.
Thought he was okay tonight. Kinda surprised to see people on him. That pick maybe doesn't happen if he isn't trying to do too much due to how far behind we were....or if McCollum fields the punt. Frankly, I would have left him in.

Didn't really see anything from Graham that changes my opinion. But ymmv

I’ve see 6 games of Sims this year and honestly I’m not impressed. Idc how much potential you have if you consistently turn the ball over. You can’t win like that. Graham is inserted in one game with no chance to establish a rhythm, and we’re saying I haven’t seen anything that changes my mind? Lol, give him a full game then talk. Sims has had plenty of chance to run away with it, he hasn’t.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I’ve see 6 games of Sims this year and honestly I’m not impressed. Idc how much potential you have if you consistently turn the ball over. You can’t win like that. Graham is inserted in one game with no chance to establish a rhythm, and we’re saying I haven’t seen anything that changes my mind? Lol, give him a full game then talk. Sims has had plenty of chance to run away with it, he hasn’t.

Hey you're back! Didn't hear from ya after the Louisville game, strangely.

kalld12

Banned
Hey you're back! Didn't hear from ya after the Louisville game, strangely.
Yeah tired of losing with no change. Glad you’re back with the same energy though. Your beloved Sims can’t do any wrong. Averaging 2 turnovers a game BAHAHHAHAHA, expect better

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Yeah tired of losing with no change. Glad you’re back with the same energy though. Your beloved Sims can’t do any wrong. Averaging 2 turnovers a game BAHAHHAHAHA, expect better

If you expect better you wouldn't be calling for Graham.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
I like Geoff. But I agree with SSJack here....what the hell was THAT? I would bet all I own that this is the first time in NCAA history that a coach has lined up in punt formation from the other team's 28.... and it almost worked! LMAO
I fee like if Carter, Camp, Sanders, Ezzard where the intended target, it probably would have worked. With Blancato(sp?) as the intended target, unless he was wide open, there wasnt going to be a very high chance that the contested pass would be caught

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I don't blame Sims for what is going on. Freshmen QBs turn the ball over; it's what they do. We've had one frosh starter at QB in the last 20 years who came through for us: Reg. He was actually pretty good, despite the turnovers. I remember seeing Bobby Bowden talking to him after the classic 2003 FSU game. Bobby to Reg: "Son, you're trying to make me retire early, aren't you?" We lost, but Reg lit up the place. Since then, not so much.

Maybe Sims will turn out to be a champ for us. Right now, I think he needs to sit down next game instead of starting. Things will only get worse for him up against ND. Graham probably won't do much better, but he's experienced and can swallow it. But I doubt Collins will do this.

But he should.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Had to take some time to digest before posting. Not going to read through the whole thread. Got through 6 pages and it’s about what I expected.

My thoughts on the game/where we are currently:

Pros:

-Gibbs continues to show how special he is.
-Brown showed why we need to continue to find ways to get him the ball. He special too.
-I think Walton has eclipsed Swilling as our best db
-DE’s played pretty well but are still struggling to get home
-Was good to see Mason back. He definitely gives us a power option we didn’t have with the other guys.

Cons (not all, but most important to me):

-Sims not taking care of the ball again. The dropped snap is inexcusable.
-Interior DL and LB might be the worst in the nation.
-Our safety play may also be the worst in the nation
-Absolutely embarassing we have to go for it on 4th down and 8 on the 24 yard line because we can’t kick a freaking fg.
-Onside kick early was stupid
-The fact that the coaches let Swilling move to RB when our LB room is the biggest weakness on the team is stupid.
-The fact that we still had our starting defense in the game late in the 4th when the game was out of reach and didn’t play any of the young LBs or DL is stupid.

Where we are/what needs to change:

I think Collins needs to step in and be more hands on with the defense. He’s be heralded as a great DC, we need all the help we can get. I like Thacker and he seems like he’d be fun to play for, but it’s almost a guarantee our opponent is going to score on their opening possession and most of the first half before he has time to make any adjustments.

On offense, I think we have to continue to find ways to get Brown the ball more. I think the usage of Gibbs. I think running some two back sets with Gibbs and Mason would be nice too. Bottoms line, Sims has to stop turning it over. Graham has some nice plays and is explosive, but it’s obvious the playbook changed when he came in. I’d be open to having a package for him to spell Sims throughout the game.

Open tryouts on campus for kicker. There has to be someone that can make a 35-40 yard fg with some consistency. At least freaking xp.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I don't blame Sims for what is going on. Freshmen QBs turn the ball over; it's what they do. We've had one frosh starter at QB in the last 20 years who came through for us: Reg. He was actually pretty good, despite the turnovers. I remember seeing Bobby Bowden talking to him after the classic 2003 FSU game. Bobby to Reg: "Son, you're trying to make me retire early, aren't you?" We lost, but Reg lit up the place. Since then, not so much.

Maybe Sims will turn out to be a champ for us. Right now, I think he needs to sit down next game instead of starting. Things will only get worse for him up against ND. Graham probably won't do much better, but he's experienced and can swallow it. But I doubt Collins will do this.

But he should.

This makes no sense. Everyone advocated for no coaching carousel this season, got just that, but believes DESERVES to start? Based on what? And if you believe the result, what sense does it make to pull your guy for the future?

When Graham tried to run for the 1st down on 4th & 13 that’s all i needed to see in how he’ll do behind this OL

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
This makes no sense. Everyone advocated for no coaching carousel this season, got just that, but believes DESERVES to start? Based on what? And if you believe the result, what sense does it make to pull your guy for the future?

When Graham tried to run for the 1st down on 4th & 13 that’s all i needed to see in how he’ll do behind this OL
Also Graham was playing against bc backups for a series of two before the starters went back in after he scored. Don't get me wrong, I think Graham is a great athlete and would have been a great option QB, but Sims for sure has a higher ceiling in what we are running now.

I was for benching him early on to not make him shell shocked, but the dude looks so calm and relaxed. I think he can handle it, and I hope he does and grows from it the next couple of seasons.

Sims also has much better pocket awareness from what I've seen.

kalld12

Banned

LOL or throw a pick like Sims. I mean cmon all of your arguments are so biased. How many times has Sims tried running for a 1st down and not even try to lower his shoulder or get the 1st down. You're just lucky Graham was down before he pitched the ball or you wouldn't have a single thing to hate on.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
HATER is ALL YOU ARE! Blinded by your love for Sims. If two turnovers a game on average is what you consider "better" I question your football acumen.
LOL or throw a pick like Sims. I mean cmon all of your arguments are so biased. How many times has Sims tried running for a 1st down and not even try to lower his shoulder or get the 1st down. You're just lucky Graham was down before he pitched the ball or you wouldn't have a single thing to hate on.
How can you possibly make these accusations without looking in the mirror? I can't force you to but it'd be smart if you could take all of your emotions out of your posts.