BC Post Game Melt Down Thread

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Rebuilds are when you take over a losing team. O'Leary took over from a 1 win Lewis team. Collins took over a 7 win bowl team. Would you say Johnson was in a rebuild when he took over from Gailey?
Lol

Soon as i think y’all can’t out dumb yourselves, i read a post like this.

Collins took over team that 24-25 just was embarrassed by Minnesota.

Yes, Johnson had to rebuild and reconstruct the team. Fortunately, he had a lot of wood, nails & tools to work with. Similar to what Steve Kerr got when he took over for Mark Jackson in Golden St.

When CGC got here and not only had to rebuild a team but an entire staff behind the scene that became very toxic. The fact that most are writing this staff off after 1.5 yr is ridiculous and shows how ridiculous fans can be sometimes

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
The fact that BC with a new QB, new coach and a rebuild made us look like Middle Tennessee is just unforgivable. I just cant get over how many bad records this coaching staff is breaking.

Well Middle Tennessee did beat us lol. Boston College didn’t have to revamp how they play football either

Unforgivable is too strong man. Inexcusable? yes
Indefensible? Yes

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Our arguably most "elite" position is RB. Do these guys get along, or is this "toxic" environment that you're talking about have them at each other's throat?
I am not saying (and didn’t say) anyone was at each other’s throat. I said they are playing as individuals and not a team and that is a reflection of the culture being installed. How much effort do the RB put into their blocking when they aren’t carrying the ball? That is what I am talking about.

ScGold

Banned
Offense still has potential, but man sims needs the coaches to help up correct his mistakes. D and kicking coaches need to be fired or at least have collins admit we have an issue there, I'm surely not seeing the progress he sees.
Collins really needs to just be straight with the fans here, we looked so I'll prepared for this game
Well almost making a tackle where last year couldn't make the tackle is technically improvement. I think?

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I am not saying (and didn’t say) anyone was at each other’s throat. I said they are playing as individuals and not a team and that is a reflection of the culture being installed. How much effort do the RB put into their blocking when they aren’t carrying the ball? That is what I am talking about.
Gibbs seems to be blocking pretty well.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I thought this was wry humor, but people took this literally. Johnson did this when Groh was DC and repeated it under Roof. The defense might have looked marginally better, but “much better” is a massive stretch, and it at best approached mediocre under Kelley.
I bet that if Woody had stayed we would have been better. I watched Army dismantle Mercer yesterday and their D was pretty good, albeit against a lesser opponent. Last year the D was the reason that the Knights won 8 games. Also, his style of D helps alleviate the "Oh, Noes! No monster DTs!" problem. But we'll never know.

Btw, watching the last drive by Army was like old home week. 91 yards, 17 plays, no passes (and the longest run was 11 yards), and it took 10:03 off the clock. Oh, and Army scored. I hadn't seen a death march in awhile, Ah, the memories!

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Alright full disclosure. I did not watch the first half. It is second rifle season here in Colorado so I was hunting. So I had an area all scouted and planned but if you all have been reading about Colorado we are on fire. My hunting area burned up. So my tags were good for two other areas but I hunted 1. Ran into 14 other hunters and 7 day hikers. Combined with 50 mile an hour winds...well you get the point. Now add to this our game. I thought we might lose but close. We were but kicked today. Now I had planned to hunt tomorrow but by morning we should have 2 feet of snow. So ends my hunt. Hell need to start drinking.
If I'm you, I'm moving out!

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
What are you talking about? The Falcons are dip****s who are going to try and win and finish 6-10 so they don't get a high draft pick. That way they can stick with mediocre old Matt Ryan.
Thats the joke except the mediocre old ryan part.

ScGold

Banned
Sims is the future qb, he didn’t play horribly. Collins is gonna need to get a new defensive coordinator and special teams coach. We are still 2 more recruiting classes away from being acc championship game appearance caliber away. We have a freshman starting at qb, rb, rt. This is a major year in developing those young players. This season is another season for getting experienced but it will pay off. Collins doesn’t need to be fired.
Then why are so few fr playing in mop up duty?

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
When CGC got here and not only had to rebuild a team but an entire staff behind the scene that became very toxic. The fact that most are writing this staff off after 1.5 yr is ridiculous and shows how ridiculous fans can be sometimes
I may not be interpreting what ou said correctly; it isn't clear what had become "very toxic". But I sure don't think there's much evidence that it was the relationship between Paul and his players. No doubt you read the accounts - especially Stansbury's - of the team's reaction to Paul telling them he was resigning. No doubt you also read the various quotes from players down through the years after they had moved on, saying how much they appreciated Paul, especially that he had "given them a chance".

But much more of what we've seen in the last two weeks and things will get toxic. Fast. And at all levels.

I bet that if Woody had stayed we would have been better. I watched Army dismantle Mercer yesterday and their D was pretty good, albeit against a lesser opponent. Last year the D was the reason that the Knights won 8 games. Also, his style of D helps alleviate the "Oh, Noes! No monster DTs!" problem. But we'll never know.

Btw, watching the last drive by Army was like old home week. 91 yards, 17 plays, no passes (and the longest run was 11 yards), and it took 10:03 off the clock. Oh, and Army scored. I hadn't seen a death march in awhile, Ah, the memories!
I agree with your assessment of Woody, but he was not the DC at Army last year. I was hired January, 2020

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

I’m confused by your culture assertion as well. Post game Curry stated that the issue is eye discipline and trusting your teammate. This has been an issue for a decade. So it is your opinion that it’s culture the allows the players to read the proper keys and for them to not trust the player next to them bc they are unsure if they’ll make the play