BC game opens with us a 4 point dog

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
As if right now 89% of the public has bet on BC. The only action higher is Penn St over Indiana. This is when I fade the public and bet the other way.

RyanS, I don't want you to think this is personal cause it ain't, but I have always been leery from taking betting tips or investment advice from people who have to work steady jobs. Just like I don't take golf tips from guys with double digit handicaps or relationship advice from Uncle Johnny who is on his third marriage. ;)

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
RyanS, I don't want you to think this is personal cause it ain't, but I have always been leery from taking betting tips or investment advice from people who have to work steady jobs. Just like I don't take golf tips from guys with double digit handicaps or relationship advice from Uncle Johnny who is on his third marriage. ;)
Well you’re in luck because I’m unemployed, I’m not handicapped and I’ve only been married once!

Deleted member 2897

Actually that’s exactly it. In my life I’ve built quite a high level of comfort by being contrarian. Buy low, sell high. Save money when others spend what they don’t have. When emotions artificially Jack up expectations, you’re generally pretty safe betting against that level of outcomes. So I don’t gamble. 😃. I don’t play the lottery. But on sports fan message boards I’ll bet the opposite of the crowd.

slugboy

Staff member
Actually that’s exactly it. In my life I’ve built quite a high level of comfort by being contrarian. Buy low, sell high. Save money when others spend what they don’t have. When emotions artificially Jack up expectations, you’re generally pretty safe betting against that level of outcomes. So I don’t gamble. 😃. I don’t play the lottery. But on sports fan message boards I’ll bet the opposite of the crowd.
Wouldn’t a contrarian buy high and sell low?

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Wouldn’t a contrarian buy high and sell low?

no, because that’s what the masses do.

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Deleted member 2897

LOL. We’re talking about doing the opposite of what the crowds do. Think about at the heart of the dot com explosion or the Great Recession - what were most people doing? I was plowing every spare nickel I had into the market. What about now? I am almost entirely in cash.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
LOL. We’re talking about doing the opposite of what the crowds do. Think about at the heart of the dot com explosion or the Great Recession - what were most people doing? I was plowing every spare nickel I had into the market. What about now? I am almost entirely in cash.
I think Midtown’s point is that everyone tries to buy low and sell high. I think your point is that the stock is low in first place because no one is buying it. You’re both correct but from different view points.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Since it's up there and we haven't exactly torn up the pea patch this year, this seems about right.

Oth, Tech can beat these people. We'll have to play a much better game then we did last Saturday, but it can be done. Given the way their season is going, they might even cooperate a bit.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I’m not. I was just messing with 4shotB. Probably isn’t something to joke about tho. But I honestly did lose my business when Covid hit. Fortunately I was able to get back in at General Motors in August.
You landed on your feet anyway like a good Tech man would. Every time my dad lost a job he somehow managed to get a better one. It was uncanny. Every damn time.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Shut up KQ

If you want to see a lynch mob in action, go to Surly Horns. I get that they are upset with a 4th year coach who has supposedly recruited well, but those guys are over the top. They are an embarrassment to an excellent university.