Basic defensive question

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Since Tulane threw something like 48 times last week, I assume we will be in a nickel a lot. Which two linebackers will stay in and which DB will be added?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think Marcordes will play often, but pretty sure PJ will start, at least this week. The kid was everywhere last week. I think Quayshawn will bounce back well this week. He's a gamer.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
In general from a base 4-3 to a 4-2, the Will LB will be replaced with the 5th best DB on the team. The Will LB is usually the smaller of the 3 LBs and a good tackler.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
In general from a base 4-3 to a 4-2, the Will LB will be replaced with the 5th best DB on the team. The Will LB is usually the smaller of the 3 LBs and a good tackler.

Not true necessarily. Your Will is usually your most athletic and quickest LB. So it would ideal to keep him on the field. The nickel replaces the LB who is the worst of the three in coverage and assignment

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Not true necessarily. Your Will is usually your most athletic and quickest LB. So it would ideal to keep him on the field. The nickel replaces the LB who is the worst of the three in coverage and assignment

True. It depends on how you can/want to play the run. There are a lot of different ways to play the 4-2, the most typical that I have seen is to replace the Will, so you still have the size of the Sam and Mike to stuff the run.