Baseball Rankings

ball4life66

Helluva Engineer
Also from Baseball America.

• Mike (Atlanta): How much potential does Ga Tech have this year after bringing in a top 3 class? A lot of freshman looked good for them this weekend.

Teddy Cahill: I think Georgia Tech has a chance to make some noise this year if those young pitchers make quick adjustments to the college game. That was a really impressive class that recruiting coordinator Bryan Prince put together - we ranked it No. 4 in the country. Jonathan Hughes went right into the rotation and pitched well Sunday against Virginia Commonwealth. Georgia Tech's first ACC series comes at Florida State next month, and that looks like it'll be a fun one.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
And this from d1baseball.com's roundtable discussion with fans today:
Comment From Andy

Is it reasonable to think that Georgia Tech can contend for an ACC title this year? They outscored three opponents 27-3 this weekend and have a much deeper pen than last year.

phpdf5napfitt_headshot.jpg

Aaron Fitt:

That’s a little rich for me, but I do think Tech has a chance to compete for a regional hosting spot. They didn’t face the best pitching this weekend, but still, I think that offense should be quite good, the defense should be outstanding, and you’re right — the staff is deeper. It needed to be.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
And this from d1baseball.com's roundtable discussion with fans today:
Comment From Andy

Is it reasonable to think that Georgia Tech can contend for an ACC title this year? They outscored three opponents 27-3 this weekend and have a much deeper pen than last year.

phpdf5napfitt_headshot.jpg

Aaron Fitt:

That’s a little rich for me, but I do think Tech has a chance to compete for a regional hosting spot. They didn’t face the best pitching this weekend, but still, I think that offense should be quite good, the defense should be outstanding, and you’re right — the staff is deeper. It needed to be.

That's good to hear. Fitt has been very bearish on us in recent years.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Meaningless given our schedule so far, I am afraid. Nice to be #1, but we weren't #1 in Tallahassee a week ago, so.....
It does beg the question as to which performance is deviating from the standard. Have we had midterms yet? If so, when were they administered?

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
We remain ranked in 3 of 6 baseball polls: 24th by both Collegiate Baseball and USA TODAY Coaches, and 25th by NCBWA.

We also debut at No. 18 (1 of 6 ACC schools...and best RPI in state of Georgia) and lead the nation in double plays.