Banks waiver application

Deleted member 2897

Has there been any news on this? I hope they clear him and he can play this fall. Would be a nice depth addition.

Step 1: See how long it takes other schools to get answers to similar waiver requests.
Step 2: Add 50% because we're Georgia Tech.
Step 3: Remember we are Georgia Tech and assume the default position is always NO.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
While we haven't seen anything official if you read the TGW on the RamblinWreck basketball site that was posted 2 days ago with Pastner talking about each player it sounds like the answer is probably no.

http://ramblinwreck.com/tgw-personnel-matters/

"Here are his thoughts on scholarship players, including redshirt transfer James Banks, who won’t be eligible to play until next season."

Deleted member 2897

While we haven't seen anything official if you read the TGW on the RamblinWreck basketball site that was posted 2 days ago with Pastner talking about each player it sounds like the answer is probably no.

http://ramblinwreck.com/tgw-personnel-matters/

"Here are his thoughts on scholarship players, including redshirt transfer James Banks, who won’t be eligible to play until next season."

CJP is approaching this the right way by following the 3 Steps outlined above. :D

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
In the unlikely event that he's cleared, wouldn't he potentially be starting? Not trying to start an argument, I'm just curious how people assess his talent level.

I don’t think so. But maybe. I think we need offense. AD is better offensively right now

GT_EE78

Banned
Has there been any news on this? I hope they clear him and he can play this fall. Would be a nice depth addition.
If we're lucky enough to get that waiver,then i think he'll be starting by the time acc play gets here.He's already had two bench years with a supposedly good development coach and practicing against Bamba and another guy who's in NBA now. Gueye and Ogbonda have both had foul difficulties in their limited minutes. Sure be nice if the NCAA can make a decision before the season starts!

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
based on the pregame notes, it looks like the waiver isn't going to go through. Says he has to wait a year on it.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Said it before and I'll say it again, I rather he sit out this season to get acclimated to the team and school. Having 2 seasons beginning in 2019 will definitely help both he and the team.

I think whether he sits or not being better largely comes down to how good we are this year. With as many Fr and Sophs as we are playing this year we should have a great core for two more years and so Banks being available for both could be big. That being said if we get a little bit of ahead of time development then him playing this year could be the difference.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
I think whether he sits or not being better largely comes down to how good we are this year. With as many Fr and Sophs as we are playing this year we should have a great core for two more years and so Banks being available for both could be big. That being said if we get a little bit of ahead of time development then him playing this year could be the difference.

I just don’t understand why these other players waivers get approved in a timely manner, while we sit here still not having an answer. Did we piss someone off?

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I have no issue with him sitting a year - I think it may be even better for the long term of the program, but it would be nice to hear something official. It is annoying that it seems like alot of transfers are getting immediately eligible but not ours.

Heck, I don't think the NCAA has even issued anything in regards to DLab.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
I have no issue with him sitting a year - I think it may be even better for the long term of the program, but it would be nice to hear something official. It is annoying that it seems like alot of transfers are getting immediately eligible but not ours.

Heck, I don't think the NCAA has even issued anything in regards to DLab.

I want him now. This program needs some positive momentum. If we can’t land a good big man to replace him in the next 2 recruiting cycles, then we’ve got bigger issues.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
It would be nice to know something. It would be nice for the program to know he could not play this year. At least for AD, Cole, and Wright to know they were the inside game this season would allow them the ability to not think about what they would be playing if Banks is suddenly eligible in December. There ought to be a time limit for the NCAA to reply to any waiver request. Even if it's "we're still investigating." The way it is now the request could be sitting in an inbox somewhere.

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
It would be nice to know something. It would be nice for the program to know he could not play this year. At least for AD, Cole, and Wright to know they were the inside game this season would allow them the ability to not think about what they would be playing if Banks is suddenly eligible in December. There ought to be a time limit for the NCAA to reply to any waiver request. Even if it's "we're still investigating." The way it is now the request could be sitting in an inbox somewhere.
Having this pending during the season is definitely a distraction for the team, I guess it just shows where they value our program... sucks