Bamer staffing woes

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
Even if it is a slight downward move.....so what. I made those in the past.....because I hated who I was working for or because further upward growth was a dead end.
It's not even a downward move. Of course some Bama fans would call it one regardless, but it's not just Bama to Tech. It's also a promotion in position and salary.

Formerly, elsewhere "GTjay"

Animal02

Banned
It's not even a downward move. Of course some Bama fans would call it one regardless, but it's not just Bama to Tech. It's also a promotion in position and salary.

Some where making it out as a big deal as a step down......happens in academia all the time, deans, provost's, Chancellor's, step down and just teach......less hassle and responsibilities, but it is something they still want to do. Why I would not be surprised to see CPJ do consulting work or run clinics etc.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Bama will still have more talent than anyone not named Clemson. I’m just hoping it’s enough to beat the Gaggers, but not make the playoffs. I would love to see the SEC left out.

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
Bama will still have more talent than anyone not named Clemson. I’m just hoping it’s enough to beat the Gaggers, but not make the playoffs. I would love to see the SEC left out.
That would be nice, but they’ll start the year with 5 teams ranked in the top 10, so even a team with a loss will probably “prove” they deserve a playoff spot by beating those other top 10 teams.

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
There are actually a number of teams with talent up there with Bama's. One of those I can't think of anything worse than them winning a championship.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
They have time to work things out there Schedule next year includes Duke, Western Carolina , New Mexico State , Southern Miss, and they have 2 open dates.

And why did people want us to play a harder schedule ?

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Nama and Saban will be fine

I expect Key’s move was based on 2 things

1. He knows and likes Collins and thought it would be fun to work with him in ATL at GT his alma mater. Always a draw

2. I did not see his name being listed for the OC slot at Bamer. He isn’t OC at GT but does get a taste as run game coordinator. Plus asst HC. He gets the type of resume building he needs to get to coordinator and HC jobs.

Deleted member 2897

That would be nice, but they’ll start the year with 5 teams ranked in the top 10, so even a team with a loss will probably “prove” they deserve a playoff spot by beating those other top 10 teams.

Yep, every year the SEC has 7-8 teams ranked in the preseason. That’s how you end up with so many 4 and 5 loss teams still ranked at the end - quality losses.