Bama vs. Ok

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Bama is getting out executed. Their left tackle is whiffing on the pass rush.
Bama lives on the run and play action passes when the D starts cheating the run. They seem incompetent when forced to throw in a hurry up 2 minute offense.
Ok hurry up offense has Bama D reeling, they practice too much against pro set and I formation in the spring.
Saban's play calling is predictable, he should convert to shotgun and hurry up offense or will be left in the dust by more modern offenses. Recruits bored with his style and will flock to Aubbie, FSU, etc....
See where I'm going with this?

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
:ROFLMAO:

But seriously, Oklahoma is definitely outplaying them.

Wonder how many death threats Bama's kicker will get this time around.

pckl300

Georgia Tech Fan
Bama is getting out executed. Their left tackle is whiffing on the pass rush.
Bama lives on the run and play action passes when the D starts cheating the run. They seem incompetent when forced to throw in a hurry up 2 minute offense.
Ok hurry up offense has Bama D reeling, they practice too much against pro set and I formation in the spring.
Saban's play calling is predictable, he should convert to shotgun and hurry up offense or will be left in the dust by more modern offenses. Recruits bored with his style and will flock to Aubbie, FSU, etc....
See where I'm going with this?

To be fair, the teams that have had success against Alabama are: Texas A&M, Auburn - twice, and now Oklahoma. The one common thread: all of them run uptempo offenses. Bama will still be Bama, but they need to find a way to counter the uptempo with some high flying offense of their own. There's no shame in scoring more points.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Man I'm jealous watching these teams execute and play hard. I just wanna see us be crisp at something, anything.

southernhive

Jolly Good Fellow
OK R. FR QB is only passing 52% for the year. I'm not sure what his percentage is tonight, but to be executing their offense this well is impressive. Also, AL defense is getting exposed...again.

I'll throw this out for some of the CPJ detractors - Maybe AL will fire Nick after not winning the national title and not winning their bowl gane and he will come to GT.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I actually expect Bama to get their heads screwed back on straight and dominate 2nd half. Is the hole they dug too deep now tho?

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow
To be fair, the teams that have had success against Alabama are: Texas A&M, Auburn - twice, and now Oklahoma. The one common thread: all of them run uptempo offenses. Bama will still be Bama, but they need to find a way to counter the uptempo with some high flying offense of their own. There's no shame in scoring more points.
Saban was the one a year or two ago complaining about the up tempo offenses and wanting rule changes to slow them down. He obviously knows a weakness when he see's it but hasn't figured out what to do about it yet.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Bama with about a minute to go in the game. Can they come back and win from behind? ;)

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Nope, McCarron fumbles from the pressure and OU recovers the fumble and scores.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
The win was good for football in general and to prove again that other teams are just as strong as the ACC teams. On another reply above, I hear this same occasional remark, "Saban could not win at Tech". You are correct, he could not win at Tech, but that is not the point. Saban can win, and does, at schools that can attract the best athletes. In order for Tech to win, the AD must be smart enough to know that a coach similar to Peterson (previously at Boise State) must be selected. It is essential that it is a coach with a good mind who can adapt a system to his players and win with less than the 4's and 5's. It is useless to use Saban or any other coach as a standard for coaching at Tech, it cannot be accomplished, but the right coach can win at Tech. Tech makes up for the shortfall in limited qualified athletes by being in Atlanta and having Georgia as a base for recruiting, smarter athletes will use their minds as well as their brawn, and Tech is a national school with a good name that can attract enough good athletes to compete with anyone.