Bagatskis To The Transfer Portal

Lone Star Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Blue Cain decommitted and Bagatskis to the transfer portal. Not sure Bagatskis was a big loss. Hopefully CDS can talk the rest into staying.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
FPB had a really nice stroke and turned in some really solid minutes for a Freshman. Best of luck to him wherever he ends up, will definitely be rooting for him when he's not playing Tech.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
FPB had a really nice stroke and turned in some really solid minutes for a Freshman. Best of luck to him wherever he ends up, will definitely be rooting for him when he's not playing Tech.
He just has the bad fortune of playing shooting guard which has more depth on our team than any other position. So he was at least a year away from getting any meaningful minutes at best. Don't blame him for moving on.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
So much concern for a dude that was a non-factor. Some of y’all are way too sentimental with players. Miles, Deebo and Jalon are the guys who matter. I like Kyle and Deivon’s athleticism despite his Hulk like inability to wrangle it. Anyone else can roll out.

Out of all the departures, I will miss Freds most of all.....

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Just say you agree…FFS

Have I ever steered you wrong on a player?

I still remember yall laughed at me when I said Okogie would go in the 1st rnd.

Hair Toss Just Saying GIF by Alayna Joy

seedjckt

Georgia Tech Fan
Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful. And you didn't answer the question.
Why did Pastner not find more playing time for Fred’s?

Okogie was in games producing.
If we are going to miss Fred’s, what was stopping him from playing this year on a team not even making the NIT?

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

If we are going to miss Fred’s, what was stopping him from playing this year on a team not even making the NIT?

Do you believe players are only ever brought in to contribute on the court right away? In a healthy program you'd bring in freshman who likely don't see the court much, and then develop behind more experienced players, so they can get ready to step up when others depart.

Losing Freds hurts for the same reason losing Cain (if he doesn't come back to us) hurts. They were part of the group that should be expected to fill in once Coleman/Kelly/Smith/Moore leave. Currently we basically have nothing in that regard, and while the portal is a nice resource, you don't want to have to be going out and recruiting an entire new core for it in two years. Now he may or may not have developed enough to help in that regard, but we're losing that as an option.

It's important for the consistency of the program to have replacements for key players already here and gaining experience. I'd say Freds is less important than Blue because of liklihood of success, but it isn't a good thing by itself. However it does open a spot which could potentially be used on a better player, but ut remains to be seen if that will be the case.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Do you believe players are only ever brought in to contribute on the court right away? In a healthy program you'd bring in freshman who likely don't see the court much, and then develop behind more experienced players, so they can get ready to step up when others depart.

Losing Freds hurts for the same reason losing Cain (if he doesn't come back to us) hurts. They were part of the group that should be expected to fill in once Coleman/Kelly/Smith/Moore leave. Currently we basically have nothing in that regard, and while the portal is a nice resource, you don't want to have to be going out and recruiting an entire new core for it in two years. Now he may or may not have developed enough to help in that regard, but we're losing that as an option.

It's important for the consistency of the program to have replacements for key players already here and gaining experience. I'd say Freds is less important than Blue because of liklihood of success, but it isn't a good thing by itself. However it does open a spot which could potentially be used on a better player, but ut remains to be seen if that will be the case.

You seem to be over-pumping what was thought by most to be a substantial reach. Especially with the recruiting base we have in pretty close proximity to us.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Same reason we stayed with the offense that wasnt working for 80% of the season. Coaches tend to get tunnel vision when they're aware the job's on the line.