Bad weekend extended

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
Tough last 4 days , getting pummeled by the rednecks on the diamond then the news of self imposing today .. it’s tough being a tech fan , I’ve already told my 10 year old this numerous times . Whether we like it or not ugag is a powerhouse in football & will be for awhile , I believe GC has things going on right direction but with that being said there’s probably only 6,7 schools in the country that could beat uga now , so brings my next point as to why it’s so crucial to beat them in other sports : losing 5 in a row to them in b-ball is uncalled for , the decision today still makes me angry at pastner , so what you want to he’s brang controversy here , & yes i think this is his best team by far but geez is that really saying anything ?? No it’s not , if our nucleus comes back we should be decent next year but the recruiting classes are not impressive . Danny Hall is well Danny Hall , we had a golden opportunity to do something last year & pulled a typical GT on our own home field !! So here we are , another gut lunch this weekend & today (today’s news will be easier to digest once we get closer to November , but now it stings ) cause I really think this b-ball team could’ve made the acc semis ! But so is being a tech fan , more disappointments than happiness , but I’ll always hope for the best

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I actually feel like today’s news is the best news I’ve heard in months. I know I sure wasn’t looking forward to a backcourt of Maxwell and Price to start next year.
Yeah honestly I’m not disappointed at all in this news. For me it takes a huge black cloud away from the program. I know there recruiting sanctions are still under appeal, but just knowing the tournament ban won’t be applied next year makes me feel a lot better. Appearing in the NIT this year wouldn’t have moved the needle for me at all.

Deleted member 2897

Tough last 4 days , getting pummeled by the rednecks on the diamond then the news of self imposing today .. it’s tough being a tech fan , I’ve already told my 10 year old this numerous times . Whether we like it or not ugag is a powerhouse in football & will be for awhile , I believe GC has things going on right direction but with that being said there’s probably only 6,7 schools in the country that could beat uga now , so brings my next point as to why it’s so crucial to beat them in other sports : losing 5 in a row to them in b-ball is uncalled for , the decision today still makes me angry at pastner , so what you want to he’s brang controversy here , & yes i think this is his best team by far but geez is that really saying anything ?? No it’s not , if our nucleus comes back we should be decent next year but the recruiting classes are not impressive . Danny Hall is well Danny Hall , we had a golden opportunity to do something last year & pulled a typical GT on our own home field !! So here we are , another gut lunch this weekend & today (today’s news will be easier to digest once we get closer to November , but now it stings ) cause I really think this b-ball team could’ve made the acc semis ! But so is being a tech fan , more disappointments than happiness , but I’ll always hope for the best

Maybe you need to step away for awhile if this is how miserable you are.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Quick, who are our recruits for next year? Figured.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
I believe next year will be Pastner's best team overall. We lose Banks but gain 2 big men with one being a 7 footer. We also gain a true alpha scorer who should help improve the depth in the backcourt and hopefully some scoring off the bench. We are not making the NCAA and probably NIT either. Take the penalty now instead of potentially risking it with what could actually be a NCAA team.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
And I'll comment on the digs to GT baseball...

Tough last 4 days , getting pummeled by the rednecks on the diamond then the news of self imposing today ...

Danny Hall is well Danny Hall , we had a golden opportunity to do something last year & pulled a typical GT on our own home field...

If anyone had watched, or listed to (as I did on WREK) the baseball series against UGA, one would understand that we didn't get "pummeled". Lost 6-5 on Friday at UGA, where they don't lose too often. Faced one of the best college pitchers in the country (some say he will be a high first round pick in the draft, if not 1:1) and we hit him well. Had an error that the UGA score keeper later changed to a "hit" that led to 5 UGA runs. Just couldn't make the plays needed to win game 1. Especially in the last inning.

UGA's pitcher in game 2 was lights out. Had him in trouble in the first, but he then retired 14 straight hitters, if I recall correctly. Give credit to him for pitching a great game. All that being said, we were only down 4-0 heading to B8. Walks, an umpire reviewed DP that was overturned that would have ended the inning, more walks, and a grand slam led to an 8 run inning and the 12-0 final score. Not indicative of how closely the game was played.

As for Sunday, we cut UGA's lead to 4-3 in the 5th. Another questionable call (based on listening to Wiley and Jim's WREK broadcast of a ball off their pitcher that Guldberg was called out on) allowed UGA to keep the lead. UGA extended their lead, and ended up winning 9-3. Again, not indicative of how close the game was played, in my opinion.

Tech baseball is a young team this year, and they didn't take advantage of their opportunities this weekend, hence "getting pummeled" by Georgia according to those that did not watch the games.

As for last year, we were a top 8 national seed. Had a lead into the 9th. Our shortstop, who played for USA baseball this year, made an uncharacteristic error. And with one strike to go, our best pitcher (CT) gave up a walk off HR. It's baseball. It happens. I was there. Not Waddell's fault. Not CT's fault. And not Danny Hall's fault. Baseball.

DaltonJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Maybe you need to step away for awhile if this is how miserable you are.
I felt like this several years back and I did step away and found other hobbies. What I discovered was I just didn't have it in me to care to the point that I got upset about it anymore. I may not be the super fan I was in my 20s/first half of my 3os, but I'm happier now.

Deleted member 2897

I felt like this several years back and I did step away and found other hobbies. What I discovered was I just didn't have it in me to care to the point that I got upset about it anymore. I may not be the super fan I was in my 20s/first half of my 3os, but I'm happier now.

Yep, I’ve done that too. I was thinking it might be time again when Miami came all the way back. It’s painful at times. :D

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
And I'll comment on the digs to GT baseball...

If anyone had watched, or listed to (as I did on WREK) the baseball series against UGA, one would understand that we didn't get "pummeled". Lost 6-5 on Friday at UGA, where they don't lose too often. Faced one of the best college pitchers in the country (some say he will be a high first round pick in the draft, if not 1:1) and we hit him well. Had an error that the UGA score keeper later changed to a "hit" that led to 5 UGA runs. Just couldn't make the plays needed to win game 1. Especially in the last inning.

UGA's pitcher in game 2 was lights out. Had him in trouble in the first, but he then retired 14 straight hitters, if I recall correctly. Give credit to him for pitching a great game. All that being said, we were only down 4-0 heading to B8. Walks, an umpire reviewed DP that was overturned that would have ended the inning, more walks, and a grand slam led to an 8 run inning and the 12-0 final score. Not indicative of how closely the game was played.

As for Sunday, we cut UGA's lead to 4-3 in the 5th. Another questionable call (based on listening to Wiley and Jim's WREK broadcast of a ball off their pitcher that Guldberg was called out on) allowed UGA to keep the lead. UGA extended their lead, and ended up winning 9-3. Again, not indicative of how close the game was played, in my opinion.

Tech baseball is a young team this year, and they didn't take advantage of their opportunities this weekend, hence "getting pummeled" by Georgia according to those that did not watch the games.

As for last year, we were a top 8 national seed. Had a lead into the 9th. Our shortstop, who played for USA baseball this year, made an uncharacteristic error. And with one strike to go, our best pitcher (CT) gave up a walk off HR. It's baseball. It happens. I was there. Not Waddell's fault. Not CT's fault. And not Danny Hall's fault. Baseball.
Good grief man! Seems like you are putting lipstick on a pig. A quick review, 3 games/3 losses ,total runs: uga 27 / Tech 8. Down here in Atlanta we call that a beat down! There is absolutely no other way to spin that!

Deleted member 2897

Good grief man! Seems like you are putting lipstick on a pig. A quick review, 3 games/3 losses ,total runs: uga 27 / Tech 8. Down here in Atlanta we call that a beat down! There is absolutely no other way to spin that!

Well, other than Friday's game, where we beat them down. It was 13 hits to 6. We lost 6-5, but 5 of their runs were unearned. We failed to capitalize.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Never as good or as bad as it seems. The walk off win over VT last night helped as did the M basket ball come back to end the season.

Sports is entertainment that we can do nothing about other than control our emotions. Agree 100% that being a GT fan is hard. But it is at a lot of schools, like NC State or Wake.

I couldn't read the details of last week's NCAA baseball summaries since getting swept stung so much. And rather than be mad, I just did other things.

I’m really looking forward to next year

Yup, me too in all major and some minor sports. Football, M basket ball, W Basket ball, Volleyball, and baseball. Sure we'll lose some and win some. In baseball, we have a new coaching staff with Ramsey and DBo. And it wasn't the Fr who didn't step up in the uGag series, it was the upperclassmen who failed. "Failed" was Hall's word.

And this is why I watch and enjoy it. These guys really care. I don't know how we'll do this year, but these guys are fully in.