Bad news

dawgbasher

Jolly Good Fellow
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Brant Hurter, the big freshman lefty that just started this fall, broke either his left hand or wrist ( he is a lefty BTW) via a frickin' scooter accident on campus. This is not hearsay; I personally spoke with a kid on the team about it after yesterdays practice. What the hell is going on ? The pitchers on this team are just cursed I guess. Bring in the exorcist ?

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Brant Hurter, the big freshman lefty that just started this fall, broke either his left hand or wrist ( he is a lefty BTW) via a frickin' scooter accident on campus. This is not hearsay; I personally spoke with a kid on the team about it after yesterdays practice. What the hell is going on ? The pitchers on this team are just cursed I guess. Bring in the exorcist ?
Damnit. I was expecting him to be the Saturday starter this year. I hope he can recover and be useful during ACC play.

twofortheroad

Georgia Tech Fan
I am hearing that it may be fractured but either way, looks like a medical redshirt may be in his future. Wonder if he has to have surgery?

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
It's just the cost of living in a country without socialized medicine where access to dangerous & harmful "recreational" equipment like scooters & skateboards for these young folks isn't restricted by "the state" (tic.... as I literally take another swig of my Friday evening beer)

Here's to hoping he makes a full recovery & his dominance is simply delayed.

GO JACKETS!!

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer

Don't they know that scooters and athlete's don't mix. Hope for a speedy full recovery for the young man.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
If you ever go to a baseball or football practice, you will note that many of our athletes park their bikes outside the arena,either Chandler Stadium or BDS. I shudder every time I see them, such a risk to losing people to injuries or worse.

dawgbasher

Jolly Good Fellow
If you ever go to a baseball or football practice, you will note that many of our athletes park their bikes outside the arena,either Chandler Stadium or BDS. I shudder every time I see them, such a risk to losing people to injuries or worse.
I just found out another prominent, current baseball player had a wreck on a scooter recently. He was battered & bruised, but luckily no injuries. It could have been really bad I am told. Scooters for athletes need to go.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Hurder's injury is old news. I heard somewhere that he should be ready for the season. If someone knows a recent update please post.