Backup QB 4th quarter spring game Midline/3TO

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Re-watching that play doesn't give me the warm fuzzies that IJ fixed the issue he had prior to his injury (bad angles and poor tackling).

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Re-watching that play doesn't give me the warm fuzzies that IJ fixed the issue he had prior to his injury (bad angles and poor tackling).

This will be a bigger issue now that we're going to a 4-2-5. Our safeties will have to act like LBs in some instances, and if they whiff like that...oh man...

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
.... There is no reason he should’ve taken that outside step to go around Bostic. He should’ve ....realize that it was BJ Bostic trying to block him and just ran him over like any other DE in the conference would.

And perhaps wait another second for the QB to make a slight move to his (QB's) left and blow Bostic right into the QB.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
If IJ whiffs like that often, he won't be playing. That was a walk-on QB that he tried to tackle high and got stiff-armed to the ground. Also, Stargel's tackling technique was less than impressive on the B-Back. Both of those guys should know not to tackle a guy in his shoulders. PJ taking an outside technique is fine if Marcordes fills the hole instead of doubling up on the B-Back. If Stargel handles the B-Back and Marcordes slides into the hole for the QB, PJ stuffs the pitch and the play goes for 1-2 yards max. Not sure if this is a defensive lapse on Marcordes' part or just bad eyes.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
And, I might add, who suddenly appears at the end, catching up to Swilling after being 8 yards deep as the pitch man?

That would be Sam McNearney. Who, I might add again, is gaining on Swilling as the play closes. I wish Coach would give him a chance to return KOs and punts. He may be little, but Sam is one fast dude.