B Back Transfer - Patrick Skov

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I was at Tech the whole time Cunningham was playing, and I don't remember him playing anything other than running back?:cool:
SkyBuzz
Remember in 1971 when Carson switched us to a "Notre Dame Offense"? Brent played wingback and spent most of his time catching the ball. Greg Horne was the TB. So, yes, you are right in that he wasn't strictly a WR, but that's what he ended up playing in fact.

Horne was pretty good, but we would have had more wins with Cunningham at TB.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Remember in 1971 when Carson switched us to a "Notre Dame Offense"? Brent played wingback and spent most of his time catching the ball. Greg Horne was the TB. So, yes, you are right in that he wasn't strictly a WR, but that's what he ended up playing in fact.

Horne was pretty good, but we would have had more wins with Cunningham at TB.
Wasn't Brent injured against Tennessee, and that was the reason for the move?

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Well said, "speed on the football field". Every so often a guy comes along who is just as fast with full pads on and carrying a ball as he is in track shoes, empty hands, and shorts. Dwyer was that guy. I remember, at least a decade back now, I think, a guy at BC who was a great runner too. He broke a ton of runs to the house etc and only ran a 4.6 at the track. I can't remember his name and I am too lazy to research it, but it was BC for sure. .
Mike Cloud?

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I watched the little film on the RW site about the brothers. I like that they are so devoted to their mother and that their dad moved the family to Mexico because of her illness. That kind of devotion makes for a strong person, willing to put all personal matters aside to win through. I'm very encouraged that this young man is coming to Tech.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
You really can't understate the value of a back being used to a 3 point stance and firing off that close the to line. Also the blocking. I'm sure we don't want to hurt ourselves in the recruiting trail but I don't understand why we don't dip our toes into the heavier Rb or FB recruiting pool. What kid getting recruited as a blocking FB wouldn't be interested in the chance to get the pill? If skov runs angry then we are in good shape.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
You really can't understate the value of a back being used to a 3 point stance and firing off that close the to line. Also the blocking. I'm sure we don't want to hurt ourselves in the recruiting trail but I don't understand why we don't dip our toes into the heavier Rb or FB recruiting pool. What kid getting recruited as a blocking FB wouldn't be interested in the chance to get the pill? If skov runs angry then we are in good shape.
Overstate?

gtzulu

Georgia Tech Fan
How do we have scholarship room for Mr. Skov? I thought we were over by two spots and only met the limit once Cheeks and O'Reilly left the team.

(Sorry if this has already been answered, I have not read the entire thread.)