Azende Rey Declares

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Serious question - did Rey have any eligibility left? Are guys making these “declaring for the NFL” posts now without having any college eligibility left?

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Hope he catches on as well as the others. Any GT player that makes an NFL roster helps combat the narrative that we dont put players in the NFL.
If he's going to make the NFL, they'll do it based on his FAMU film and workouts. His very limited role as a punt returner at Tech isn't going to make a difference.
Other than that, good luck to him.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Was he hear because we needed a PR guy or because we were recruiting the young thomas ? Kind of a cgc idea- gt where we have 3 brothers on same team..

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I hope for the best with these GT players declaring, but I simply cannot imagine that our staff missed that badly on individuals. Maybe Quez will find a role, but I wonder what Azende's role would be on an NFL roster???

gtphd

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't think he did

2016 - RS
2017 - rFR
2018 - rSo
2019 - rJR
2020 - Covid
2021 - rSR

Also, the NFL seems really unlikely given how little he saw the field on our team.
I can't edit this, so I wanted to clarify: I hope he makes the NFL. I hope he blows out GT's pro-day, gets drafted in the first round, and makes bank. I hope he has a long career, makes the pro bowl every season, and retires on his terms. I hope he makes the HOF and becomes a spokesperson for the League. I hope that for all GT student-athletes.

Just being a realist, I doubt that's going to happen. So good for him for picking up a GT degree (I assume that's what he did)

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I can't edit this, so I wanted to clarify: I hope he makes the NFL. I hope he blows out GT's pro-day, gets drafted in the first round, and makes bank. I hope he has a long career, makes the pro bowl every season, and retires on his terms. I hope he makes the HOF and becomes a spokesperson for the League. I hope that for all GT student-athletes.

Just being a realist, I doubt that's going to happen. So good for him for picking up a GT degree (I assume that's what he did)
Unless it was a MS, he didn't. Undergraduate degrees require 4 semesters in residence. He had 2 or 3 if he went summer.

gtphd

Jolly Good Fellow
Unless it was a MS, he didn't. Undergraduate degrees require 4 semesters in residence. He had 2 or 3 if he went summer.
Georgia Tech requires the final 36 credits of a degree to be earned at Georgia Tech. You can do that in 3 semesters.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I really liked the quarter system. Went back and got my MBA at GT under semesters and I like the variety of classes you can get under quarters
Quarter system at Tech was the best for engineering. Got to take a lot of electives that otherwise wouldn't have been available. I took some grad courses through NCSU at work and first experience with semesters. We did as much in a quarter as they were doing in a semester.