Austin Twins getting kudos

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
I'm from same town as the twins, Barnesville, and our local weekly newspaper had a great letter to the editor from a Hokie fan. The letter writer was at the game sitting 4 rows back from the GT bench and noticed the twins emotion in getting the team and fans pumped up during the game. After the game, he/she talked to them and was so impressed decided to write our local newspaper giving them props. I don't want to include the whole letter but this quote gives the jest of it, "Both young men spoke to me with manners and showed class, maturity and positive character. Hokie hats off to Lawrence and Lance Austin’s parents."

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
I'm from same town as the twins, Barnesville, and our local weekly newspaper had a great letter to the editor from a Hokie fan. The letter writer was at the game sitting 4 rows back from the GT bench and noticed the twins emotion in getting the team and fans pumped up during the game. After the game, he/she talked to them and was so impressed decided to write our local newspaper giving them props. I don't want to include the whole letter but this quote gives the jest of it, "Both young men spoke to me with manners and showed class, maturity and positive character. Hokie hats off to Lawrence and Lance Austin’s parents."
And hats off to any fan who would take the time to write such a letter complementing the parents.

I said a few weeks back this team seemed to have something special. These 4 games have been a character of steel building experience, with adversity in each one. They represent our Alma Mater well! Go Jackets!!!

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
They are great kids...always good to have people like them in the program...going to be good players as well.

Thanks for sharing!​

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
They are great kids...always good to have people like them in the program...going to be good players as well.

Thanks for sharing!​

May I correct you, sir?

Those kids are going to be very good to excellent players if they stay healthy. A bit on the smallish side but are extremely athletic with speed. Wish one of them could be a BBack. :)

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
IIRC, one of them sprinted off the sidelines onto the field after the White INT. I was pretty worried they were going to flag it and push us further out of FG range.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
IIRC, one of them sprinted off the sidelines onto the field after the White INT. I was pretty worried they were going to flag it and push us further out of FG range.

Me too...scared the hell out of me. Believe it was Law.