August 12th Fan day who's all going?

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
Would love to go to this one would be my first,what would I expect being a first timer,and what should I bring to be autographed I'm thinking a football,what should I bring?

DH9387

Jolly Good Fellow
giphy.gif

Edit: The typo got corrected.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Would love to go to this one would be my first,what would I expect being a first timer,and what should I bring to be autographed I'm thinking a football,what should I bring?

Expect it to be hot. Hydrate and bring a bottle of water. Season tix holders get in an hour early. Get in as quick as you can if you want a bunch of autographs.

Typically each position group has an individual table and lines form at each. CPJ also signs. The lines for CPJ and QBs are usually the longest but other position groups can stack up as well. Players and coaches will only sign one article for each fan so if you want multiple items signed have a kid or spouse get additional items signed with you. If you want a football signed by the whole team get family members or friends to occupy multiple lines at the same time and jump from one to the other to save time. That's about the only way to get it signed by all imo.

They also have lines for the Rambling Wreck and, I believe, Buzz. Buzz is always there anyway. Cheeeleaders also roam about and will give autographs and take photos with your kids (my girls always seem to enjoy them).

In the past I've bumped into dignitaries such as radio broadcast guys and former players (Joe Ham, etc).

Speaking of kids, expect jump houses and similar activities for them outside the stadium prior to and following fan admittance into the stadium.

That's all I have off the top of my head.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

I went last year and I really enjoyed it. I was not a season ticket holder last year which meant I had to wait in longer lines. I bought season tickets this year so I think that I'll be able to get into the stadium a little earlier. I bought a brand new football for signatures and now it sits in my man cave. The players were really great. I know they were probably really hot, tired, and tired of smiling but they did great. I got to meet and take pics with quite a few players and Coach Johnson. I got pics with Justin Thomas, Harrison Butker, Pat Gamble, and my fave...Lance Austin (Miracle on Techwood). Very good experience. Did I mention that it was free? [emoji3]

bbdbd1d00339fe697da7468e48952544.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I don't see anything about priority for season ticket holders this year. Maybe I'm "imagining" that from last year. Anyway, I had a great time last year and I'll be there again this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Season ticket holder's have definitely gotten into the stadium earlier at fan days in the past. With regards to what you would need to get signed, they hand out posters at the entrance that can be used. Also, I prefer a football you can buy that has a good portion of it that is white instead of brown. That is good for the autographs. The players all have sharpies.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Expect it to be hot. Hydrate and bring a bottle of water. Season tix holders get in an hour early. Get in as quick as you can if you want a bunch of autographs.

Typically each position group has an individual table and lines form at each. CPJ also signs. The lines for CPJ and QBs are usually the longest but other position groups can stack up as well. Players and coaches will only sign one article for each fan so if you want multiple items signed have a kid or spouse get additional items signed with you. If you want a football signed by the whole team get family members or friends to occupy multiple lines at the same time and jump from one to the other to save time. That's about the only way to get it signed by all imo.

They also have lines for the Rambling Wreck and, I believe, Buzz. Buzz is always there anyway. Cheeeleaders also roam about and will give autographs and take photos with your kids (my girls always seem to enjoy them).

In the past I've bumped into dignitaries such as radio broadcast guys and former players (Joe Ham, etc).

Speaking of kids, expect jump houses and similar activities for them outside the stadium prior to and following fan admittance into the stadium.

That's all I have off the top of my head.

All of this ^^^ (thanks @Whiskey_Clear for saving me from having to type all of that ;) )
Would add that there are usually posters that are FREE and available that can be used to collect signatures.

Even as a Season Ticket holder getting in to take a while and is difficult to get most autographs. Last year got everyone's except the QB's... And that was getting on the filed within 5 minutes of the early opening for season ticket holders.

You'll find everyone friendly and can meet some of the parents and GTSWARM members.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
My biggest takeaway from this event in years past....how genuine and nice our student athletes are. I've never gotten a vibe that any didn't want to be there, weren't enjoying the experience, of were too good to spend their time doing it. Many have very good senses of humor as well.

Just refreshed my experience of what great student athletes we have. It's a great way to indoctrinate kids into the Tech family.