Auburn

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Yeah auburn has a miserable RPI right now. This series might end up dragging us down in the long run.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Auburn should’ve never been close to preseason top 10. The only reason they were was because of their incredibly flukey CWS trip last year. They were not better than GT or UNC. I wasn’t impressed with Auburn’s hitters at all last year, and without Tanner Burns they were incredibly average.

Auburn was a very good team last year IMHO. Better than us? Hard to tell as it's baseball but they beat us twice. To make the CWS you have to be good and lucky IMHO. They returned 7 starters and most of their bullpen. So ranking them high to start the season made sense; well it made sense if you believe early season rankings.

That said, the first real RPIs come out on March 18th I think. That will allow this years results to be incorporated.

Auburn may well drop out of the top 25 after losing to us and Woffard (14-3 so they obviously don't beat themselves). How AUburn is ranked will depend on this weekend's Texas A&M series. Since they threw their good relievers at us, I doubt they'll do well. But their big problem is a failure to score with RISP....... not that we know about that .

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
they lost their last 2
upload_2020-3-13_13-46-15.png

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Auburn was a very good team last year IMHO. Better than us? Hard to tell as it's baseball but they beat us twice. To make the CWS you have to be good and lucky IMHO. They returned 7 starters and most of their bullpen. So ranking them high to start the season made sense; well it made sense if you believe early season rankings.

That said, the first real RPIs come out on March 18th I think. That will allow this years results to be incorporated.

Auburn may well drop out of the top 25 after losing to us and Woffard (14-3 so they obviously don't beat themselves). How AUburn is ranked will depend on this weekend's Texas A&M series. Since they threw their good relievers at us, I doubt they'll do well. But their big problem is a failure to score with RISP....... not that we know about that .
Auburn went 38-28 last year and 14-16 in the SEC. 4-6 in SEC series, including getting swept once. They split midweek series with UAB and Jacksonville State, Tech swept them in the midweek, and they lost their charity midweek game vs. Alabama. Were they a solid team? Sure. Were they one of the 8 best teams in the country? Absolutely not. Nothing they did last year other than luck out in the postseason was deserving of the high ranking they were given. It’s why preseason rankings mean nothing.