Auburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I noticed how inarticulate players were. I'm sure they are smart kids and I understand the Southern dialect but can teams get speech coaches?

Smh. Sorry to jump on you, but comments like this reeeeaaaaalllllyyyyy get under my skin. In the essence of the word "inarticulate", those players were far from it, especially Jameis. Jameis expressed himself distinctly and got his message out clearly to his teammates, coaches and the viewers. Was it formal English? Hell no. That's just Southern colloquialism. I still see people who can't distinguish lose from loose. My rant for the day

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Smh. Sorry to jump on you, but comments like this reeeeaaaaalllllyyyyy get under my skin. In the essence of the word "inarticulate", those players were far from it, especially Jameis. Jameis expressed himself distinctly and got his message out clearly to his teammates, coaches and the viewers. Was it formal English? Hell no. That's just Southern colloquialism. I still see people who can't distinguish lose from loose. My rant for the day

That drives me CRAZY!!!!!!!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
We've had our share of guys who've sounded like a box of rocks when the get infront of a mic. Anybody remember Rod Sweeting after the Sun Bowl?

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
We've had our share of guys who've sounded like a box of rocks when the get infront of a mic. Anybody remember Rod Sweeting after the Sun Bowl? Or worse, TJ Barnes, anytime ever.

And that is my issue. We equate someone who does not speak formal to be dumb as a box of rocks, idiot, thug, or my favorite not a "TECH man/material"

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
No, impressive is beating up on a bunch of lousy teams and having folks think that's impressive. Awbarn may have had the worst coach in Div 1 football last year, they had decent talent last year, just as they have this year with a much better head coach. They are still only 1-1 against quality teams this year. The remainder of their schedule is mediocre at best, 6-3 Ole Missy is the ONLY team in the mediocre at best group that even has a winning record. As I said impressive............or it is just because they a sec, sec, sec team?

among other things-what they got different was a new QB that their coach made into something special-unlike ours
btw- we didn't exactly play a murderers row
I 'll bet awbern would beat us like a rented mule if we played them

ATL1

Helluva Engineer

What's wrong with a speach coach?

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
among other things-what they got different was a new QB that their coach made into something special-unlike ours
btw- we didn't exactly play a murderers row
I 'll bet awbern would beat us like a rented mule if we played them

Or maybe a QB that grasped what his coach wanted and brought his athleticism into the scheme along with a fair to middlin' running back and a solid O line. Oh and where did I say anything about Tech's schedule or how Tech would fare against awbarn?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I think we can safely lock this thread up with other threads dedicated to Auburn's offense and the education of college athletes.

Status
Not open for further replies.