Auburn, Baseball

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Makes you wonder if the coaching staff is reading this board. On a different thread some of us were calling for King to start and boom it happens! What other changes should we be suggesting???

Quick Hook early in the season to get more guys experience. Mostly pitching but batting slumps or errors too.

Don't play games below 40F, go indoors or play rock, paper, scissors. Not worth injuries to either team.

Free beer when home team hits a HR.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
20230314_182937.jpg

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Got hosed right there. King with a perfect pitch to finish the 3rd and ump is caught sleeping. Shoulda been out of it, but two hits later he’s given up 3 more runs and gets pulled.

Lone Star Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Looked like Danny just wanted it over, win or lose. Runner on 2nd, 2 out, pinch hitter with no power up and they‘re playing the OF deep? Even a Little League coach would know better In that situation,

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Man I liked the hire at the time and he did great work in the Yankees organization but based on the results since he stepped on campus Danny Borrell is the worst coach of any GT sport in that time. I am including Geoff Collins in that statement.

I've definitely got theories but I don't have any specific info on what he's trying to do with these guys and it ain't working. Zero consistency from anybody on the staff outside a select few. It's too bad we didn't fly to this game so we could leave him on a tarmac somewhere.

Lone Star Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Man I liked the hire at the time and he did great work in the Yankees organization but based on the results since he stepped on campus Danny Borrell is the worst coach of any GT sport in that time. I am including Geoff Collins in that statement.

I've definitely got theories but I don't have any specific info on what he's trying to do with these guys and it ain't working. Zero consistency from anybody on the staff outside a select few. It's too bad we didn't fly to this game so we could leave him on a tarmac somewhere.
And idiot Todd even gave him a three year extension last off-season. After two horrendous pitching years. And, surprise!, another one this year. Need CDH to retire so Ramsey can dump Borrell and bring in someone competent.

MaverickGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Wow, we had 6 doubles in the third inning - were up 7-0 and still found a way to lose, pitching is as bad as ever.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I was out getting dinner and they had the game on. When I left it was 7-0...by the time I got home it was tied 11-11. :cautious:

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
The game was lost for want of getting a third out in three of the middle innings. Auburn scored seven two-out runs, four in the third, two in the fifth and five in the sixth to tie the game.

Carwile really did pitch well this time around, despite giving up the loss.

Next up on the road this weekend: no. 3 Louisville.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Wow, we had 6 doubles in the third inning - were up 7-0 and still found a way to lose, pitching is as bad as ever.

still think that ump changed the course of the game. 7-1 B3 with 2 out. King makes a perfect pitch to end the inning. Should have been out of it with a low 50s pitch count. That blown call not only handed them 3 runs but ended King’s day. He probably goes another inning or 2 without that and we bridge to Busse before they can catch up.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
but based on the results since he stepped on campus Danny Borrell is the worst coach of any GT sport in that time. I am including Geoff Collins in that statement.
Wow.....this comment really struck a nerve with me. I never thought I would EVER hear this comparison in my lifetime. Or maybe I merely hoped for it. As one who strives to be optimistic, as least Coach Burrell accomplishes this away from the public eye and isn't in the media as much. There's that to be thankful for anyways!