Auburn - 2nd of 2

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
The announcers were adamant that it was foul (granted, they're Auburn guys), but I also have a buddy at the game and I texted him---he said it looked to have been 3-4 feet foul. I'm watching the live stream, but really couldn't tell either way---either my tv sucks or the quality of the stream isn't great.
GT radio announcer said the ball clearly went behind the foul pole. They said it was clearly fair, and not a difficult replay to review.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
The announcers were adamant that it was foul (granted, they're Auburn guys), but I also have a buddy at the game and I texted him---he said it looked to have been 3-4 feet foul. I'm watching the live stream, but really couldn't tell either way---either my tv sucks or the quality of the stream isn't great.
It looked like it crossed behind the pole on replay for a HR.

Deleted member 2897

Its going to be really hard to get more than 1 win in a series against the likes of these top 10 teams like Clemson, Auburn, Louisville, Virginia...IMHO our season is going to be a success or not based on what we do with the plethora of unranked teams we have upcoming - Notre Dame, Duke, Virginia Tech, etc.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Great win tonight. Glad to see the bats prevail. Would have loved to not have an 8 run inning, but I'm glad the pitching staff came to play the other 8 innings.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Great win tonight against a really good team. The MVP of the game was definitely Jake Lee. I also noticed that neither Lee or Ryan gave up a walk (Lee did hit a guy on a ? call) and neither one of them gave up a run. That's a funny coincidence, ain't it?

Lee was amazing. 14 batters faced, 12 first pitch strikes, 1 single, 5 Ks, 0 walks!, 1 HBP and that's it. The HBP was from Lee going inside and the batter crowding the plate, not wild. 53 pitches with 38 strikes (72%). Probably best game by Lee ever as a Yellow Jacket. Went into the game with a 8.22 ERA (15.1 IP) and came out with a 6.41. All that is needed now is consistency.

What I noticed is NO ERRORS for GT. Two for Auburn which both extended the innings for unearned runs.

Also worth mention, Clemson beat UGAg 4-0!

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Glad to see the win, but obviously we can't win many games if we have to count on getting nine runs.

Lee's performance was encouraging, Hughes' was not. He has talent, I think, but isn't quite there yet. But I would keep trying him in mid week starts. If he can "get it" again, he'd be an asset.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
It definitely was a fair ball. If you look carefully, there are two vertical poles with a screen in the middle. The right most pole is the foul pole and the left pole is there just to support the screen between the two pole. The screen is there to aid the umpire in viewing a foul vs fair ball. The ball clearly passes behind the two poles, but is visible through the screen as it passes behind the screen.
They showed this in slow motion repeatedly. The umpires went to their dressing room to review the TV replay. They came out and signaled a home run. The two idiot AU announcers went crazy. They went on and on about the call the rest of the game. The fans kept yelling "home run" every time we fouled a ball into the first base side stands.
TV replay also showed that a runner, Willhite, we had thrown out at home was safe. Even the AU announcers agreed with that.

Newnan Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
The one thing that I saw that was really interesting is that for every mound visit Howell wasn't the one that went out there. It looked like it was MIke Nikaeus out there talking to the pitchers.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
The one thing that I saw that was really interesting is that for every mound visit Howell wasn't the one that went out there. It looked like it was MIke Nikaeus out there talking to the pitchers.
I heard Howell was not at the game because he had been out on a recruiting trip and was stranded bc of bad weather.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Rooster, you and Wiley need to look again.
Watching it last night and even when they were showing replays, I thought it was fair. My buddy was right down the line there and said it was foul (GT guy). Then the video from Wiley's tweet---I paused it and you can see the ball cross in front of the entire foul pole.

All I care about at this point is we got the win and now we need to get 2 or 3 from ND!! Go Jackets!