Attrition and Scholarship Limits

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Can't agree with this more.
Not sure what you can't agree with that we only have 8 or 9 seniors. Or our signing class will have more than the amount of seniors. Or that as CGC said 100percent of the players have bought in to what they are trying to do. One part do you disagree with ? Or that all schools do this ?

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Not sure what you can't agree with that we only have 8 or 9 seniors. Or our signing class will have more than the amount of seniors. Or that as CGC said 100percent of the players have bought in to what they are trying to do. One part do you disagree with ? Or that all schools do this ?

I said I can't AGREE with you more, not that I disagreed with you. :D

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Dont care about ur silly memes. Frankly not here to pleasure u or prove anything to you. Have fun spanky.

LOL. Nice deflection. Post baseless opinions and bail when called to support it. Throw in some name calling to make yourself seem a little tougher. If we're allowed to make up random opinions and post 'em as fact then I could have a whole lot of fun here. Is that how this works? Cause if it does then I might have a whole bunch of opinions that prove your opinions wrong...

Or we could just debate with facts and actually back up our assertions.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Why are we even arguing about whether LJ will leave or get cut? In the series against Pitt he looked very good. The fumble at the goal line was from a hit that was at least very close to targeting. He went through progressions and found open receivers. It won't surprise me if he gets his degree and goes somewhere else. It won't surprise me if he gets his degree and decides to quit football with all the injuries he has had. However, it won't surprise me if he is the starting QB at GT next year either.

I will support his decision, no matter what that is. If he decides to go somewhere else with his degree, then I wish him the best. If he decides to start his career with a degree, then I wish him the best. If he decides to stay at GT, I will root for him whenever he is playing.

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
You must be unfamiliar with divorce, kicking deadbeat or crackhead kids out of the house, banishing the pervert uncle from holiday gatherings, etc. Not every family looks like they belong in a Disney movie. Sometimes the Ho needs to Go!
This is the only thing on this thread I read, and this made me laugh. Thank you.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I'm with you and several others in being against "processing" the way you've defined it above. However, I wouldn't call it processing if a kid has gotten his degree from GT. Once the kid has gotten his undergrad degree, GT has fulfilled its obligation, IMO. At that point, it's up to the player anyway, because they can transfer as a grad student wherever they want - so, it should go both ways at that point with the college as well. So, I would consider this situation with Lucas to be generally outside of the "processing" category.
Didn’t know Lucas graduated. If so I agree with you.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I am not trying here to debate. Rather, I am posting what I consider facts to be considered, to the best of my recollection.

For most of 11 years, we were able to reliably estimate the size of an incoming class based on scholarships to be available.

IIrc, we were at 85 on signing day almost every year. We then may have lost some unexpectedly.

People complained that CPJ should've signed more, expecting the attrition.

"Processing" as a negative term is a correlary to "oversigning," that is, signing more recruits than currently available scholarships. It refers to the process where a team with a projected, say, 100 SAs in Feb gets to 85 by Fall.

Not every early departure after an oversigned class is necessarily processing. Some SAs choose to leave early for their own reasons, perhaps letting the coach know in advance of signing day.