Attn: For those recording the GT-Minn game ...

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
The Servpro First Responder Bowl game on ESPN today (Boston College-Boise State) is currently on a weather delay due to lightning. This delay has been over an hour now, with the game halted at 5 minutes to play in the first quarter.

This means ESPN’s telecast of the Quick Lane Bowl—scheduled to start at 5:15 pm EST—may be switched over to ESPN2 or some other channel, due to the weather delay for the First Responder Bowl.

So be sure to set up and/or adjust your TV recording as appropriate. It’s possible ESPN will stay with the First Responder Bowl until its conclusion, with ESPN2 picking up the start of the Quick Lane Bowl at 5:15. (My guess.)

Hope this heads-up is helpful. From GT Rambler at this time 3:20 pm.

JacketGirl

Jolly Good Fellow
The Servpro First Responder Bowl game on ESPN today (Boston College-Boise State) is currently on a weather delay due to lightning. This delay has been over an hour now, with the game halted at 5 minutes to play in the first quarter.

This means ESPN’s telecast of the Quick Lane Bowl—scheduled to start at 5:15 pm EST—may be switched over to ESPN2 or some other channel, due to the weather delay for the First Responder Bowl.

So be sure to set up and/or adjust your TV recording as appropriate. It’s possible ESPN will stay with the First Responder Bowl until it’s conclusion, with ESPN2 picking up the start of the Quick Lane Bowl at 5:15. (My guess.)

Thank you. Very helpful!

JacketGirl

Jolly Good Fellow

So be sure to set up and/or adjust your TV recording as appropriate. It’s possible ESPN will stay with the First Responder Bowl until its conclusion, with ESPN2 picking up the start of the Quick Lane Bowl at 5:15. (My guess.)

Looks like the First Responder Bowl is being called a no contest now.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
The cost to the schools....

Most teams already lose money in the bowl games. To have one cancelled in the first quarter...wow.

AtWork

Jolly Good Fellow
Beyond atrocious. That just shows you these bowl games mean nothing...not fair to the players. I wouldn't accept a bid to that bowl if I were BC or Boise St or their conferences again.

JacketGirl

Jolly Good Fellow
Can you imagine traveling to the game, day after Christmas, only to get < 1 qtr of football? Yikes. Feel bad for the players and fans. What a thud.
Agreed. Plus I’m sure the players and coaches spent Christmas in hotel rooms. I’d be pretty mad. I get it - weather isn’t controllable, but the time the game starts is.

WrongShadeOfGold

Jolly Good Fellow
Beyond atrocious. That just shows you these bowl games mean nothing...not fair to the players. I wouldn't accept a bid to that bowl if I were BC or Boise St or their conferences again.
I semi-agree with you here but what are they supposed to do? Wait 4-5 hours and hope the weather clears to play at 8:30?

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
One would think they (the Servpro folks) would try to get the game in later on tonight, if the weather forecast for the evening is feasible. ? Not sure ... but that’s what I would try to do, if I was in charge of it. Gee!

Deleted member 2897

I semi-agree with you here but what are they supposed to do? Wait 4-5 hours and hope the weather clears to play at 8:30?

YES. They stopped playing at like 1pm. Is restarting a game at 7pm really that bad? Then you get a night game. Almost anything is better than canceling. Canceling a bowl game because of a few hours of bad weather is just ridiculous.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone else find it ironic that a game with the name Servpro would have to cancel due to bad weather? After all, Servpro is one of the leading companies for emergency response for disasters and loss due to bad weather. Just saying. ;)

upload_2018-12-26_15-56-53.jpeg