Attended the FedX/St. Jude golf tournament today

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Couple of comments since it has been years since I attended a pro golf event.

I took my 10 yo grandson. We were in two places at various times through the day where you could get really close to the players as the moved from the green to the next tee. Several of the players stoppped and hi-fived my grandson. Cam Young (he of the mullet and Open fame) even stopped and turned around and walked back to fistbump him and say hello when he realized he missed the kid's outstretched hand. Imagine playing in a million dollar sporting event (winner's take is 2.7 mil and he is 3 off the lead) and taking the time out to acknowledge a young fan like that while in the middle of the event? Not on the driving range or walking back to your limo after the round.

My grandson is a Cam Young fan for life. Although I vow to prevent the mullet as I don't want him rooting for any SEC team as he grows up. Although if you can rock a mullet and get a girl like Brandi like Joe Dirt did that would be okay but how do you know which way it's going to turn out???

I wish I could get my hands on the brand of golf ball they play. Those balls sound different coming off the clubface and carry about 100 yards farther than the type of golfballs me and my buddies play. No wonder they are so good - it's just better equipment.

slugboy

Staff member
Couple of comments since it has been years since I attended a pro golf event.

I took my 10 yo grandson. We were in two places at various times through the day where you could get really close to the players as the moved from the green to the next tee. Several of the players stoppped and hi-fived my grandson. Cam Young (he of the mullet and Open fame) even stopped and turned around and walked back to fistbump him and say hello when he realized he missed the kid's outstretched hand. Imagine playing in a million dollar sporting event (winner's take is 2.7 mil and he is 3 off the lead) and taking the time out to acknowledge a young fan like that while in the middle of the event? Not on the driving range or walking back to your limo after the round.

My grandson is a Cam Young fan for life. Although I vow to prevent the mullet as I don't want him rooting for any SEC team as he grows up. Although if you can rock a mullet and get a girl like Brandi like Joe Dirt did that would be okay but how do you know which way it's going to turn out???

I wish I could get my hands on the brand of golf ball they play. Those balls sound different coming off the clubface and carry about 100 yards farther than the type of golfballs me and my buddies play. No wonder they are so good - it's just better equipment.
I’d offer to grow a mullet for a Tech game, but I’m way too short of business up front.