Attendance Down Significantly (AJC)

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Georgia came “close” to winning the National championship a dozen times. Thank goodness they didn’t.
Unfortunately they are going to be in contention for the next 5-10 years. They are recruiting above anyone else not named Alabama or Clemson. They are primed for a run. Just prep yourself because the seal is about to be broken. Braves broke the GA curse and they are easily the best team in the nation.

With a scrub QB. They have stud QBs in the waiting. They are sealing the deal…if not this year…SOON

LibertyTurns

Banned
I also found the old horseshoe architecturally appealing, but I believe it was wooden and somewhat dilapidated, according to what I've read. They also weren't very good seats from a viewing standpoint. I never sat in them or even went to Grant Field while they were there, but that's just according to what I've read. I do agree that they had historic and aesthetic appeal. I also concur that the north stands are kind of ugly.
Those horseshoe seats were seriously sucky, but sometimes we had a lot of people at the games.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I also found the old horseshoe architecturally appealing, but I believe it was wooden and somewhat dilapidated, according to what I've read. They also weren't very good seats from a viewing standpoint. I never sat in them or even went to Grant Field while they were there, but that's just according to what I've read. I do agree that they had historic and aesthetic appeal. I also concur that the north stands are kind of ugly.
I have a wooden section of the horse shoe seating mounted on the wall in my family room. It has the seat number stamped into it. There also used to be cinder track around the football field. I ran PE track on that track as a freshman. The horse shoe was not very elevated so hard to know what was happening at the north end.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I have a wooden section of the horse shoe seating mounted on the wall in my family room. It has the seat number stamped into it. There also used to be cinder track around the football field. I ran PE track on that track as a freshman. The horse shoe was not very elevated so hard to know what was happening at the north end.
I remember the track. As a kid I thought all football fields had to have an oval ring around them.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
If CGC can recruit like he is with 3 win seasons, imagine how he can recruit when we start winning. We need some tweaks on the coaching staff, but the future is brighter than it has been since the O’Leary years.
“When we start winning” is a consummation devoutly to be wished for.

Every coach Tech has ever had started off with a bright future. Time reveals all.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Wake up Stansbury ( this is what CGC has done for us, and this is tickets sold not people at the game) 4 more years we will make Duke look good .

NIU 33651
Kennesaw 35195
UNC 37450
Pitt 36383
VT 35543
BC 31511

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Wake up Stansbury ( this is what CGC has done for us, and this is tickets sold not people at the game) 4 more years we will make Duke look good .

NIU 33651
Kennesaw 35195
UNC 37450
Pitt 36383
VT 35543
BC 31511

Other than the Clemson game, the 2018 attendance under CPJ wasn't much better. We were already trending precipitously down. The BC game for sure was bad, but at this point in a losing season, a lot of fans will choose to stay home. If we get back to winning football in the next year or two, we will see a rebound, but I seriously doubt we get back to 90% capacity (other than vs uga/Clemson) any time soon.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Other than the Clemson game, the 2018 attendance under CPJ wasn't much better. We were already trending precipitously down. The BC game for sure was bad, but at this point in a losing season, a lot of fans will choose to stay home. If we get back to winning football in the next year or two, we will see a rebound, but I seriously doubt we get back to 90% capacity (other than vs uga/Clemson) any time soon.
Alcorn state 39719
Clemson 50595
Bowling Green 40740
Duke 41709
Miami 48217
UVa 37543

Was a crappy Home Schedule Alcorn State, Bowling Green; and Duke

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Alcorn state 39719
Clemson 50595
Bowling Green 40740
Duke 41709
Miami 48217
UVa 37543

Was a crappy Home Schedule Alcorn State, Bowling Green; and Duke

So is NIU, KSU, and BC. Also, UVA in 2018 for bowl eligibility only drew 37k fans. Attendance has been sliding for a variety of reasons for over a decade now.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
He’s just not a good coach and people realize it now. Also not sure how good his recruiting even is. IMO, any decent recruiter could recruit Lows 30 to High 20s at Tech and that’s all Collins has done. Recruiting isn’t that hard when you aren’t going for big time talent, we’ve gotten 1 top 100 guy. The guys we are getting is the guys we always should’ve been getting. We are getting kids who are still high 3 low 4 star guys that UGA, Clemson, Bama didn’t want.

This might be the dumbest thing I’ve read on the board. You really recycled the “4 stars UGA, Clemson, & UGA didn’t want” line. So what about the other 62 other P5 schools? How many Top 250, let alone Top 100, did we have prior to this? If it that easy why hasn’t been done at Tech before 2007? We can criticize without incredulous statements like this.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer

NIU 33651
Kennesaw 35195
UNC 37450
Pitt 36383
VT 35543
BC 31511
6 games under 40k this year. From 2008-2019 we only had 4 games under 40k. While I think COVID contributed as well, that is a pretty significant drop off.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Assuming we sell out the mutt game (safe assumption) here are the numbers since 2003, when the stadium was upgraded to seat 55k.

Attendance Graph.jpg
Trendline graph.jpg