Attaochu makes Todd McShay's All-Tape Team

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
Falcons have 2 compensatory picks in the 4th round besides their normal 4th rounder. I wonder how many of you would make this trade:

Atlanta trades the #6 pick in the draft to Houston Texans for the #1 overall pick to be able to draft Clowney. In exchange, the Falcons also give up their usual 4th round pick and the first of the 2 4th-round compensatory picks.

Would you make that deal?
Two things: first, you can't trade compensatory picks. Second, if you could, I doubt Houston would take that deal. They'd probably have to offer a 1, 2, and a 4

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Two things: first, you can't trade compensatory picks. Second, if you could, I doubt Houston would take that deal. They'd probably have to offer a 1, 2, and a 4

Very handy info. Thanks for the response. OK, so how about this? 1st, 3rd and 4th for moving up 5 spots? Thats a deal they just might take. That gives them 3 picks in the top 6 of each round for only moving down 5 spots. And the Falcons still have the 2 compensatory 4th rounders?

No way do the Falcons give up a 1 & a 2 to move up 5, IMO but you may be correct in thinking the Texans will ask for that.

So would you do the 1st, 3rd, and 4th?

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
Very handy info. Thanks for the response. OK, so how about this? 1st, 3rd and 4th for moving up 5 spots? Thats a deal they just might take. That gives them 3 picks in the top 6 of each round for only moving down 5 spots. And the Falcons still have the 2 compensatory 4th rounders?

No way do the Falcons give up a 1 & a 2 to move up 5, IMO but you may be correct in thinking the Texans will ask for that.

So would you do the 1st, 3rd, and 4th?
Personally, I wouldn't. I'm also never a huge fan of trading up when you're a team that has as many holes as the Falcons do. If anything, trade down and get more picks

wuzjrbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
Give me Clowney all day everyday and twice on Sunday. What's funny about the draft process is that if an "expert" labels you then everyone runs with it. For every play that Clowney is not showing effort I can find 2 with him beating double/triple or chasing a play down from the backside.

Check this Mayock analysis of a once projected top-10 pick who fell to the 3rd rd.

I'm pretty sure many would never aligned those statements with Michael Johnson and his NFL Career has reflected otherwise. Ima trust my eyes and I see star when I see Clowney

I don't depend on the talking heads to make my decisions either. I saw Clowney taking many plays off and basically slacking. I don't want him even if he fell to the 6th pick which thankfully won't happen. I wouldn't have taken Michael Johnson in the draft either and glad the Falcons didn't pick him up in free agency. Now #45JA I would take, if he falls to the Falcons, in a heartbeat.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't depend on the talking heads to make my decisions either. I saw Clowney taking many plays off and basically slacking. I don't want him even if he fell to the 6th pick which thankfully won't happen. I wouldn't have taken Michael Johnson in the draft either and glad the Falcons didn't pick him up in free agency. Now #45JA I would take, if he falls to the Falcons, in a heartbeat.
I wouldn't mind taking Clowney at six. If you actually go in and watch the film, you can see how much of an impact he really had on games, but due to the amount of double and triple teams he got from literally everybody, his stats weren't as high and he seemingly took plays off.