Atomic Predicts

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck
How do these projections work?

When I go to UNC's projections they are projected to lose to Clemson. I would assume that the algorithm used in their projections would be linear but that doesn't seem to be the case.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

When I go to UNC's projections they are projected to lose to Clemson. I would assume that the algorithm used in their projections would be linear but that doesn't seem to be the case.

It looks like tossups going to home team

Bigb

Jolly Good Fellow
Seems way overly pessimistic on Clemson. One bad game against a very talented UGA squad shouldn't signal that much trouble for the fighting kittens.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

This thread has info on how Atomic does their predictions. http://gtswarm.com/threads/atomic-picks-us-to-go-9-3.3343/page-2

Since we didn't beat Woffard as convincingly as we were supposed to, the Atomic projections now have us at an 8-4 season versus 9-3 before Woffard. We were like 99.2% likely to beat Woffard and projected like 39-9. The season record is just the addition of the probabilities of winning each game.

Animal02

Banned
This thread has info on how Atomic does their predictions. http://gtswarm.com/threads/atomic-picks-us-to-go-9-3.3343/page-2

Since we didn't beat Woffard as convincingly as we were supposed to, the Atomic projections now have us at an 8-4 season versus 9-3 before Woffard. We were like 99.2% likely to beat Woffard and projected like 39-9. The season record is just the addition of the probabilities of winning each game.
8-4 or 9-3 are about right. If we by chance get the VT / UM monkey off our backs, the momentum could carry until the Clemp game. (but I think we will lose one of the two)

Tdippp

Ramblin' Wreck
UM looked awful in their opener. Clempson has too much to replace. VT is going downhill (has been) so 3 of 4 shouldnt be unreasonable

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
wow, we haven't beaten ANY of those teams in 2 yrs and now we are going to beat 3 of 4? dream on.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
How about we focus on the next game? I know, we are fans not players, but still. We will learn more Saturday. Then we will learn a little more the next Saturday. In reality, we have a single data point right now. It is pretty hard to plot a function with that. Sorry. I am a math teacher.