Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The Braves(A.A.)prefer a RHanded hitting OF, to break up the lefty overload last year, in the middle of the order. Freeman, Markakis. Still have Inciarte, McCann, Camargo(SH).

Interesting to see if MLB will rule in favor of Carter Stewart? Braves didn’t offer him 40% of slot value, because of the medical on his injured wrist. He now enrolled in a JUCO, to go through the draft again. Will Atlanta get a compensatory pick this June at #9 in the first round, or totally lose said #8 selection from last June? Depends what is determined concerning a RHP(Stewart)and his ligament damaged wrist, by interpretation of the rule vs. the med. report.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Craig Mish, Fishy Tall Tail/Tales writer, claims Braves still in on J.T. Realmuto. Price remains high with speculation A.A. has offered more than what they got for Yelich last year(he had four years of control, while J.T. is only through 2020). Austin Riley seems to be the centerpiece in discussions. Atlanta doesn’t want to part with Albies. Speculation revolves around Ian Anderson in place of Ozzie, and a mid-level prospect included. Time will tell, and like Detroit’s Nick Castellanos, price should come down.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Y. Grandal to Milwaukee.

Six teams bidding on Realmuto, including Atlanta. Things heating up, per reports. Looking like the Fish want to move him before Spring Training?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Braves trying to wait Realmuto out.
AJ Pollock apparently willing to come down from wanting 5 yrs. Sources have Atl. in talks with his agent. Could bat fourth in lineup between Freeman and Albies, if Donaldson is in the two spot.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Realmuto agrees to 5.9 m. Was projected to get 6.1 m. in arbitration.

Braves also have a trio of new deals today. Starter Kevin Gausman agreed at $9.35MM, righty Dan Winkler at $1.61MM, and lefty Sam Freeman at $1.375MM, per David O’Brien of The Athletic (Twitter link).

The Freeman(gas can), I didn’t care too much about. What say you gents.?

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Realmuto agrees to 5.9 m. Was projected to get 6.1 m. in arbitration.

Braves also have a trio of new deals today. Starter Kevin Gausman agreed at $9.35MM, righty Dan Winkler at $1.61MM, and lefty Sam Freeman at $1.375MM, per David O’Brien of The Athletic (Twitter link).

The Freeman(gas can), I didn’t care too much about. What say you gents.?
I'm ok with Freeman. He started to look like himself towards the end of the year. It is also a non-guaranteed contract so if he doesn't make the team, then he becomes a free agent I believe.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
B.A. Top 10 for June, Amateur Draft:
  • 1. Adley Rutschman, C, Oregon State
  • 2. Bobby Witt, Jr., SS, Texas HS
  • 3. C.J. Abrams, SS, Georgia HS
  • 4. Andrew Vaughn, 1B, Cal
  • 5. Riley Greene, OF, Florida HS
  • 6. Shea Langeliers, C, Baylor
  • 7. Corbin Carroll, OF, Washington HS
  • 8. Josh Jung, 3B, Texas Tech
  • 9. Graeme Stinson, LHP, Duke
  • 10. Bennan Malone, RHP, Florida HS
Braves have 9th pick, 4 picks in first 100 selections.

Mish and others think Realmuto could go to Atl. or Dodgers by the end of next week.
Braves could get a reliever thrown in, on a 4 or 5 for the Fish 2 players. Marlins want a catcher for their young staff. Could be Flowers, included. Atlanta does not want to part w/ Albies or Riley. Ian Anderson looks like the main bait, and Max Fried rumored.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Atlanta has committed 110m. to their payroll, after all contracts are done.
20-25m. is left in the budget, however some of that will be saved for the trade deadline.

Cristian Pache makes MLB Pipeline’s 2019 All-Defensive team
Braves’ outfielder Cristian Pache has been named to MLB Pipeline’s All-Defensive team for the second consecutive season. Per Jonathan Mayo, Pache received more mention than any other prospect. He joins the Nationals Victor Robles and Tigers’ Jake Rogers as the only repeat members.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Wanted to get your predictions for the near future, of the Braves offseason needs?
We know they filled the second catcher slot. Added a 3B, to free up Camargo. Mainly, SP veteran, Top Shelf RP, Corner OF, are the suggested acquisitions.

My three additions:
-Sonny Gray, last year on his deal. Good road splits. Trading more I’ntl. $ to NY.
-Cody Allen(although I expect Atl. to cut Vizcaino in Spring saving most of the 4.8 m.). Chad Sobotka, will break camp and become our go to guy. Corbin Clouse, by mid-season will be up, and setting up the seventh inning.
-Nick Markakis, one year deal. We didn’t want to give up the 60th selection w/AJ Pollock signing.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Wondering if Nick Castellanos(OF)from Detroit is the centerpiece of a deal with Atlanta? Alex A. is telling his A-listers, he’s close to a deal with another club.