ATL HAWKS

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I know these threads are about Georgia tech basketball, but I thought there should be one on our ATL Hawks. I personally was pretty disappointed in game 1 vs Cleveland. I know people keep saying the officials were horrible, but what lost us the game was the awful 3 point shooting, well that and JR going off. For some reason Teague seemed to stop driving in after the 2nd which he was so effective in the 1st half of the game. I also am confused at Antic still getting playing time. I hope carrol can come back, but if not maybe Scott will get some playing time. Imo we need to let James get his points and shut down everyone else to win. Any thoughts from anyone?

BLKJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Honestly I don't think we played that poorly, not our best game but we played OK. The officiating was atrocious and JR was unconscious (won't happen every game) and we were still a Carroll injury away from a comeback (I know I'm probably just being optimistic). I agree on Pero though I don't see why he gets the nod over Scott. With Damare out I think Bazemore should get more minutes he's a great defender and hustles more than anyone else on the team. Definitely made a case for himself in game 1.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Honestly I don't think we played that poorly, not our best game but we played OK. The officiating was atrocious and JR was unconscious (won't happen every game) and we were still a Carroll injury away from a comeback (I know I'm probably just being optimistic). I agree on Pero though I don't see why he gets the nod over Scott. With Damare out I think Bazemore should get more minutes he's a great defender and hustles more than anyone else on the team. Definitely made a case for himself in game 1.
I agree, I don't think we played horrible except on our 3 pointers.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Pero must have some pictures of Coach Bud and is black mailing him for minutes. I am out of words to describe Pero. Mike Scott brings energy and points every time he is on the floor! Scott and Muscala should get all of Pero's minutes. Bud is a good X and O coach but needs to work on substitutions. Let's go Hawks beat the Refs/Cavs!!!

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
As a Tech message board, I have to admit that I am rooting for Cleaveland because of Shumpert (I also rooted for Jack and Young in rd 1). It is great to see Shump doing so well and I would love to see him get a ring. I am more of a college guy than pro and, let's be honest, while playing fantastic team ball, the Hawks are generally boring and lack any sense of star power. Yeah, I said it! : )

Jay Alexander

Jolly Good Fellow
When our offense is clicking there's a unique fluidity that I think is totally entertaining and much more fun to watch than the isolation game most teams play.

With that said, when Schroder dribbles 3 times and throws up 15 foot floater that clangs off the rim repeatedly...we are no fun to watch at all.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Oh, just in case us Hawks fans weren't hurting enough from last night's "game", KK is out for the playoffs. May need ankle surgery.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/basketball/korver-may-require-surgery/nmMwG/

ETA: In case you're scoring at home, that's an injury to each of our starters right before and during the playoffs. Not to mention Thabo being out. Of course all the eggsperts will say is that the Hawks were a weak #1. SMMFH

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Wait, I are confused. The NBA said elbow to the face = flagrant 2/ejection.

Surely, Howard was thrown out of this game, no? No.

Perhaps Al doesn't have enough twitter followers or insurance company commercials. These disparities in "rule" enforcement are why superstars win championships in that league.