ATL Chart for Pitt

TXJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Looks like the majority of those out last week are still out.

EozKdhcXUAEwVC9.jpeg

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Would conclude that Gleason is gone based on the ATL chart. Let's hope it's not covid related. Never want these kids to get sick while in school.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
Would conclude that Gleason is gone based on the ATL chart. Let's hope it's not covid related. Never want these kids to get sick while in school.
Aren't all the othe students off campus now? FB and BB are basically in bubbles.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
That's a mighty young lineup in several places. Thin too. Personally, I hope this turns out to be the last game. There's nothing left to prove, one way or the other, and there's no reason to expose the players to any more risks, now that the virus is exploding. But that's up to others.

Deleted member 2897

That's a mighty young lineup in several places. Thin too. Personally, I hope this turns out to be the last game. There's nothing left to prove, one way or the other, and there's no reason to expose the players to any more risks, now that the virus is exploding. But that's up to others.

The last I heard, there hasn't been a single case of transmission through playing football at the college or pro level this year. Not that they face any real negative health consequences if they got it anyway, as we've seen.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
The last I heard, there hasn't been a single case of transmission through playing football at the college or pro level this year. Not that they face any real negative health consequences if they got it anyway, as we've seen.
Oh? So you think that the players who have incapacitated several teams already this season got or were exposed to the virus by … what, exactly?

It's a lead pipe cinch that you would never hear from the programs that a player had been exposed by either a teammate or an opposing player. But … that's almost certainly where the exposures are coming from. We'll find out later, no doubt. You are right about the lower risk, given their youth and health, but we really don't know much about what the long term effects of exposure are. So, like I say, I'd go ahead and call it a season. But, since there's money on the line and the players probably want to play - they're young - it will probably continue.

Deleted member 2897

Oh? So you think that the players who have incapacitated several teams already this season got or were exposed to the virus by … what, exactly?

It's a lead pipe cinch that you would never hear from the programs that a player had been exposed by either a teammate or an opposing player. But … that's almost certainly where the exposures are coming from. We'll find out later, no doubt. You are right about the lower risk, given their youth and health, but we really don't know much about what the long term effects of exposure are. So, like I say, I'd go ahead and call it a season. But, since there's money on the line and the players probably want to play - they're young - it will probably continue.

Given they’re in college, I would suspect social activities. We’ve had 100x the cases in the general student population tha we’ve had on sports teams, but we’re not shutting college down (thankfully). I’m not saying be careless, I’m just saying teams have plenty of players who can play, so if they want to play - why not. It’s a free year. Most of the time games are postponed, it’s from contact tracing, not cases themselves. Michigan for example said they have around 6 cases, but 50 total players stuck in contact tracing. Many games have been canceled from a single case, but contact tracing covered a lot of folks.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
yep, and C Thomas is now a 210 lb DE !!!

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck

If they are on a college campus, that is where the exposure is. Almost every student in college on a large campus probably has been exposed, however given the minimal number of exposures from high school football, its probably safe to conclude playing football is safe.

And the players are at a much greater long term risk playing football then they are from Covid.

Finally, given the fluidity of the ATL chart, why do we even do this anymore?

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Gleason was listed as unavailable last week. Could have been Covid or an injury. In either case, if kids were out due to injury or illness the previous week, I believe they are left off the ATL chart the following week. We could have everyone back for all we know.

Deleted member 2897

Gleason was listed as unavailable last week. Could have been Covid or an injury. In either case, if kids were out due to injury or illness the previous week, I believe they are left off the ATL chart the following week. We could have everyone back for all we know.

But we’re still willing to play and not duck the game! Go Jackets!

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Why not run Riq at DE instead of Charlie? Riq has 25 lbs on CT.
Charlie has a knack for getting to the QB. I’m sure Riq could as well, but not at the same level.

Highly doubt he will be in on run downs or asked to set the edge too much. My guess is they will cut him loose on passing downs.