ATL Chart for Louisville

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Out of all of the people missing, his differential impact is at the bottom of the list. And that’s no knock on him. We don’t have any problems with rushing - we’re #4 in the ACC, 11 yards per game out of being #2.

I don't completely agree. I think it's accurate to say the difference between him and who we have isn't much (I actually think overall both GIbbs and Griffin are more talented), but he would make a big impact in our redzone problems. He was so consistent and had such a knack for getting yards after contact that missing him is a big deal when we get to the redzone imo.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Out of all of the people missing, his differential impact is at the bottom of the list. And that’s no knock on him. We don’t have any problems with rushing - we’re #4 in the ACC, 11 yards per game out of being #2.
See I agree with you based on stats.
BUT... I think he is possibly one of the KEY guys on the field to keep our offense in check. He is the vet. I think he helps Sims, AB, the Oline. The past couple weeks I feel like we have missed his leadership. We have some studs at RB. But outside of Mason they are all young in the program.

Just wonder if we make all those mistakes on offense if Mason is out there the past 2 games. To me he is a coach on the field for our guys.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I don't completely agree. I think it's accurate to say the difference between him and who we have isn't much (I actually think overall both GIbbs and Griffin are more talented), but he would make a big impact in our redzone problems. He was so consistent and had such a knack for getting yards after contact that missing him is a big deal when we get to the redzone imo.

Yes, we will put up rushing yards, but not all yards are equal. Mason gets tough yards when and where you need them most. I also don't get nervous about him fumbling.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Swilling back ATL. And BJS ATL at RB - has he been there before and I just missed it? Both Dylans are out?

Re Graham, whether he deserves to start or not is a question that has been debated more than it needs to be here, but odd to me that he is still not ATL.
Guessing the Dylans need another negative test.

Deleted member 2897

RE: Graham not ATL, I sure see a lot of videos on his social media from throughout the day and he’s never at practice or around teammates. He always seems very happy, but it’s a bit concerning.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
RE: Graham not ATL, I sure see a lot of videos on his social media from throughout the day and he’s never at practice or around teammates. He always seems very happy, but it’s a bit concerning.
Yeah makes me wonder if he isn't on the team anymore. Would be unfortunate because he was fun to watch.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
He's on the team. Covid related. You guys don't watch his stories enough or you'd know.
I don't use instagram so I didn't know that, thanks for the heads up! Hopefully we can see him back and in action after Louisville.

Deleted member 2897

He's on the team. Covid related. He posts being in the locker room and in pads every couple of days. He returned to practice this week

If that’s true, the staff should be ripping him a new one. He’s frequently around other people in his pictures and videos, and without a mask. If he’s been out due to COVID, that’s pretty egregious behavior.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Swilling has been ATL at RB since Mason got hurt at UCF.
He got in the last game while Yates was in there. I saw his jersey. We were near our own goal line. Tough place for any QB let alone a backup with limited PT. Game was over for all practical purposes.

He got in the last game while Yates was in there. I saw his jersey. We were near our own goal line. Tough place for any QB let alone a backup with limited PT. Game was over for all practical purposes.

Which begs the question...why wait until the game is lost before making a change and tutoring your starter on the sidelines for a series or 2?

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
He posted a negative COVID test result with the words "Go time" on it on Aug 3rd. Seems pretty unlikely that he got it again two months later.
Did he have it before? He could have just gotten tested to make sure he was negative and then came to camp, and now caught covid. But that is just speculation.