7. North Carolina
8. Virginia
9. Syracuse
10. Miami
11. Pitt
12. BC
13. Wake
14. Duke

GT Highest Vote: 4 - Jerry DiPaola (Pitt Tribune-Review) and Gary Ferman (CaneSport.com)
GT Lowest Vote: 10 - Mark Ennis (ESPN 680 Louisville) and Adam Powell (TarHeelIllustrated.com)

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
FYI this is a stadium ranking, not a preseason poll. The list really should have the stadium names as opposed to the school names.

thwgjacket

Unless they have changed it since '07 Louisville's stadium is a terrible gameday experience. They put 95% of the student section up in the nosebleeds and with all the seats being "chairback" standing is not encouraged. It's not really very loud at all and it kind of reminded me of going to a professional game. A lot of people but not much noise. It does look nice though.

franklinjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I agree but it’s probably just for historical significance and my gold colored glasses. That NC State stadium is beautiful IMO. The Louisville stadium ain’t bad either.
I thought NCSt's stadium was alright, but not better than ours. It is several miles outside of campus and Raleigh itself, and surrounded by basically pastures. I think the skyline view and history of BDS should merit top 4 on the list.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
When BDS is full and rocking, especially for a night game with the Midtown skyline as a backdrop, it's got to be one of the best atmospheres in college football. Week in and week out, it's hard to argue with the top 3 in that list. But Miami is, once again, rated way too high.

Animal02

Banned
When BDS is full and rocking, especially for a night game with the Midtown skyline as a backdrop, it's got to be one of the best atmospheres in college football. Week in and week out, it's hard to argue with the top 3 in that list. But Miami is, once again, rated way too high.

Miami like came in high than Pitt only because not all those polled had been to many (if any games there) Both should be at the bottom.

I think Wake Duke and BC got dinged simply because of smaller crowds.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Miami is great, you get tons of elbow room and best of all you don't have to deal with all of those annoying "U" fans because they sure as hell aren't going to be there...

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Miami is great, you get tons of elbow room and best of all you don't have to deal with all of those annoying "U" fans because they sure as hell aren't going to be there...
Because half of them probably got robbed or stabbed walking to the stadium.