At Maryland

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Georgia Tech opens Atlantic Coast Conference play Saturday with a 2 p.m. game against Maryland at the Comcast Center in College Park, Md. - which can be seen in Atlanta on WATL-TV.

With Carter out, we are going to see just how long this season is going to be. Who will step up their game?

Lightbulb

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm hoping that Miller and Holsey will step up their game and stay out of foul trouble, but Georges-Hunt can really be a difference maker when he gets going.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I think you hit the nail on the head, it is time for #3 to up his game. I think Holsey will be OK as a replacement for BBC, but then we lack depth amongst our bigs, but that may not hurt us as much as our guard situation in any event.

Beyond MGH, the HUGE question in this game is how the Poole brothers play.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
GT is 8 pt underdogs. I'd consider that a lot but I think it's more of an indication of how we have been playing lately. Maryland is beatable. I expect our guys to give it their best because they realize the significance of starting out the ACC schedule on the right foot.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I'm pretty worried about depth. MD is beatable though. need huge contributions from the guards and MGH.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
We have serious depth issues down low this season, even before the injury. Losing Julian Royal seems to be rearing its ugly head right before ACC competition starts. By the way I'm new here and I've been talking on other forums for about a year so I'm not a complete newbie. Lifelong Jacket fan and I'm glad to have found this forum to help keep me on top of everything going on in GT sports and how everyone else feels about it.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Glad to see you here!

Will be a tough one today.
No doubt about it. I hope our boys can put the ball in the hoop. Gotta stay consistent on offense. If we get in a slump it could be a long day. We need to up the pressure on D and try to get more easy buckets in transition. Or at least get to the stripe more often.(Never thought id say that about GT) But CBG is gonna have to get creative if he wants to keep it together until Rob gets back

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Why do we look so robotic on offense? That's 1 reason Poole should start. He has good instincts passing the ball. We need to play some D in the 1st half and keep it close

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Before the game started, I gave us 20 pts. I'm watching the game as if getting beat by less than 20 pts is a win.

We're still making it tough on me.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
So is MD's "Georgia Tech" throwing up a 3 against the backboard?
Pretty good impression of our team, just not too effective.

Why do we stand still when our guy in the post has the ball? the one time we kicked it outside Morris drained a 3

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
... cut it down to 5, then "shut down... down 14 at the half.

6/10 from FT line (MD is 2/3) but we have only made 11 of 26 from the field.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
... cut it down to 5, then "shut down... down 14 at the half.

6/10 from FT line (MD is 2/3) but we have only made 11 of 26 from the field.

We're not close enough to them when they're shooting to put them on the line, unless we do crap like Miller there.