Assistant Coaching Evaluation

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
If the gauge of "good coaching" is year-over-year on-field improvement, then Key and Dixon coached well also. Our OL and WR were unquestionably better than last year. Maybe Thacker and the LB's too, given what we saw from Curry toward the end of this season.

The challenge is that the bar for 2019 was so low based on how coaching translated to on-field performance. If this becomes a conversation around what degree of improvement was sufficient, then I predict this thread turns into a subjective discussion.

We improved as a team overall, imo. That is a good thing.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
We improved as a team overall, imo. That is a good thing.

I tend to agree. If you look past the records, we were in all but three games (ND,Clemson,BC) iirc in the 4th quarter within 1 score. I think this team is better overall than they were last year at this time. It's confounded by a whole lot of other noise and things that didn't pass the eyeball test but this is what I base my final decision on.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
I think it is highly unlikely of any changes in the coaching staff. Our salary structure for coordinators and assistants is way down the list in Power 5. You need money to play with the big boys in both recruiting and coaches. The hope is our D Coordinator improves with on the job training and Collins background. On offense, we have improved on the ground but still struggled in passing due to protection and scheme

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
I think it's too early to have any assistant on the hot seat especially since at most positions your most talented guys are freshmen.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
I heard we getting the Gus bus for OC and muschamp at DC. One can dream right?! I'm kidding of course but just imagine that!